Title: Linux Engineer
Location: Englewood, CO
Type: Contract to hire
Our client is looking for someone with NetApp experience in addition to working in Linux environment. They have a high priority project involving NetApp upgrade and it will be the primary task for the candidate. Having good network experience will be a great plus as some of the errors we see in the NetApp requires proper understanding of the setup.
This position will include the opportunity for growth in on call rotation. Prior experience working within complex computational environments including, but not limited to: installation, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, NetApp, Networking, documentation, administration of Linux based systems. Must work effectively within a team environment; candidates should truly enjoy solving IT issues independently and as a team.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Participate in project planning and implementation as well as develop and maintain procedural documentation
- Assist with automation and virtualization where applicable.
- Develop and maintain scripts.
- Proactively think about new solutions and process improvements.
- Install new and rebuild existing systems. Hardware maintenance and repair.
- Troubleshooting issues in test and development environments. Work incoming tickets and requests.
- Ability to write and modify scripts (Perl, Shell, Python, XML)
A successful Linux IT Administrator will have the following:
- 5 years of in-depth relevant work experience in Linux administration.
- At least 5 years of experience in Red Hat, CentOS, SuSE operating systems.
- Must have 2 years working knowledge of NetApp with Network configurations
- Must have working knowledge of Linux based systems and architectures, including Linux command line skills.
- 2 years hands on experience in authentication methods like LDAP and active directory.
- Real-time triage support as needed with a focus on project based timelines.
- Demonstrated self-starter that works assigned projects to completion
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of experience in writing scripts (bash, PERL, Python, etc).
- Linux Desktop - Server support and configuration
- 2 years' experience using and configuring NetApp and FC SAN solutions.
If interested, please reach out!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!