Our startup in Kirkland is developing the next generation of EMV-capable pay-at-the-table devices. We are looking for a Linux QT QML Software Developer to create, modify and maintain software for our embedded device. You will work collaboratively with developers, quality assurance engineers, implementation engineers, and product managers. Our team moves quickly, the right candidate will be versatile and creative with the ability to dive right in.
Your Responsibilities Will Be…
- To create UI designs with consideration of end-user, business requirements and technical limitations.
- To architect interfaces for communication with a custom hardware device and be cautious of security requirements and design decision implications.
- To make enhancements, modifications and corrections to existing C++, Qt and QML source code.
- To participate in the design, development, testing and documentation of future user interfaces, API’s and source code for an embedded device.
- To write reusable, testable and efficient code.
- To collaborate, mentor, guide and provide solutions to complex problems.
- To participate in the product development lifecycle, including the requirements gathering, design review, capacity planning and code review processes.
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness; able to handle complex issues and undocumented processes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; documentation will be required
What You Will Get…
- The ability to transform the dining experience and the way in which restaurants accept payments; securing the transaction and protecting both the restaurant and the diner from potential credit card fraud.
- The ability to impact change and drive the business forward; we’re a small team and every voice is critical to our success as a company.
- A competitive compensation package.
You Will Have…
- 5+ years of Linux Software Development
- Expert knowledge of the Linux command line and packages
- Expert knowledge of the special limits and issues associated with embedded devices
- Experience cross-compiling Linux and additional source code (ARMv6 Deployment Package)
- Experience using Qt Quick application framework
- 1+ year professional experience with QML
- Expert knowledge of C, C++, Objective-C
- Experience developing API’s, user interfaces and interfacing with RESTful web services
- Experience working with Broadcom hardware
- The ability to effectively utilize the following tools: QtCreator, Git, Jenkins, Docker
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS and/or equivalent experience