Provides ongoing technical support and maintenance of production and development systems and software products (both remote and onsite) and for configured services running on various platforms (operating within a defined operating model and processes). Provides hardware/software support at the operating system-level across pre-defined server and network areas. Responsible for Level 1 basic level troubleshooting.
- Implements routine changes on production systems.
* Supports the integration of new technologies into existing infrastructure.
* Resolves Level 1 incidents affecting the operation/availability of production systems, through troubleshooting and implementing known fixes.
* Deploys standard repeatable build outs.
* Patches and maintains appropriate technologies (e.g. servers/databases/network/ storage/software solutions).
* Supports routine backup strategies and disaster recovery tests.
* Reviews system performance indicators and raises issues to more senior level team members.
* Assists with monitoring vendors' release notes and plan necessary upgrades and patches as required.
* Assists with creating and reviewing technical system recovery plans.
* Reviews the problem management register and identifies actions.
* Maintains third-party tools.
* Makes proactive suggestions for service improvements.
HS Diploma or GED; Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field preferred or equivalent relevant experience.
0-2 years of experience in information technology, systems administration or other IT related field.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Applies standard methodology, techniques, procedures and criteria
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic/routine system hardware, software or networking related problems.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical employees.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Experience with SQL and Linux a plus.