- The Linux System Administrator is responsible for the sustainment and maintenance of system applications and managing the OS layer servers which host the applications.
- The Linux System Administrator must be able to, but not limited to, administering system-level procedures, establishing and maintaining administrator accounts, and assigning or making available file permissions, system hardening, Vulnerability Management and Authentication LDAP/RSA/DUO.
- The candidate will also install upgrades, configure, test, maintain and support system software, administer SSL public and private key encryption.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system hardware, software and connectivity issues.
- Perform configurations and adjustments to enhance system performance.
- Perform automated and manual backup and restorative processes..
- Ensure security procedures are implemented and enforced utilizing tools such as, TenableSC, Nessus, Syslog/Splunk.
- Experience with monitoring, metrics and log aggregation and visualization tools (Grafana in particular)
- Experience with the Unix CLI, debugging tools and network stack.
- Experience working with some type of VM virtualization framework.
- Experience working to some capacity with Kubernetes or container based clustering technologies.
- Experience working with Source Control Systems (git in particular)
- Working knowledge with DRBD, Corosync, Pacemaker.
- Working knowledge of core networking, subnetting, Firewalls and routing.
- Proficient in configuration, troubleshooting, installation, operation, maintenance and system administration of Multiple Linux distros such as RHEL and Ubuntu.