Linux System Administrator- TS/SCI Polygraph Required
The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced Linux System Administrator with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance for a program in Annapolis Junction, MD.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The Prototype Development Support (PDS II) program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, PDS II looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the PDS II program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
The candidate will be part of a dynamic team that provides systems, network and storage engineering services to support the Endpoint & Forensics customer. The target focus will be to develop, maintain, and support an enclave comprised of various hardware and software components to include physical storage (NetApp, Dell Isilon and Compellent), software defined storage (Dell FlexOS), and network components (Brocade and Cisco). This effort will include phased system upgrades and improvements aimed to ensure the continued execution of the E&F mission. Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree and 12 years of experience. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 12-18 years of general experience as a systems analyst.
- Five (5) years of experience in systems analysis, engineering design, and communications applications on complex information systems, database management, the use of programming languages that support systems, and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
- Candidate must be competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications system analysis and programming activities.
- Candidate must meet all qualifications associated with Sections C3,T1. And C3.T2. of DoD Directive 8570.01-M entitled “Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program.”
- Red Hat Certified Engineer
- Broad Red Hat Linux administration is required. Must also have experience with several of the following: NFS, Authentication and Access, DNS, Cisco IOS TCP/IP, Workstation Support, VMWare virtualization, Data Domain De-duplication, Isilon NAS storage, NetApp File storage
- Enterprise Class Storage experience
- LAN knowledge
- Proxy servers
- Help implement and improve customer Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) including regular backup and recovery activities for large data sets as well as disaster planning
- Provide architecture design, coordination and support for staff office moves
- Understanding customer power/space/cooling approval processes strongly preferred
- Credible experience supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate with outside organizations to resolve network, system, server or other problems
- Experience in a customer-facing role developing system requirements and CONOPS
- Planning and using resources effectively; orchestrating multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish work
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Systems Administration • Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.