Our client, EASi, is seeking a Linux System Administrator to join the team to help maintain a Submarine Lab for one of the works leading submarine technology OEMs. This person will be responsible for setting up workstations, hardening the system, scanning for vulnerabilities, and setting up the virtual environment. While there is a team of 10 people this person will be expected to work independently as a part of the team.
Day to Day:
- Installing RHEL 6/7/8 on workstation
- Hardening Hardware
- Making sure system meets RMF/NIST requirements
- Set up of virtual stations (VMWare, ESXI, etc)
- Experience setting up a workstation from scratch with a Linux OS
- Experience using scanning tools such as ACAS to find security vulnerabilities
- RMF experience
- 8+ Years of experience maintain workstations in a secure lab environment
- Experience troubleshooting and/or configuring Linux servers to include scripting (Bash or Python preferred)
- Red Hat Linux Administration \ Configuration (RHCSA certification a plus)
- Experience with the administration and configuration of Security policies as related to both Windows and Linux servers (NIST/STIGs)
- Familiarity with Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Familiarity with configuring VMs (Virtualization)
- Networking knowledge
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.