This role is for a university system in the Triangle.
The RHEL Linux Administrator will be responsible for the daily administration of the linux servers in a clustered environment, as well as maintaining the Windows platform - 12 servers or less, to ensure that the servers are up and running to accommodate the school. This person needs to be adaptive to technologies, be outgoing and a team player.
Day to day:
• Massaging/babysitting the backup system
o Keeping the library fed with new tapes
• 4 petabytes of storage in their arrays (to house the genetic data)
• Webhosting for some groups – may be putting out an apache config for a group.
• Just looked up a tarp command for a developer – low level basic unix/linux commands
• Using automation to keep things nice and standardized – he put together an automation to deploy a new website.
• Netbackup for backing up the Tape systems – even with some of the larger backup sets, they’ve been able to cut down a lot from the raw data.
o Store and backup the data, process the data (not just the processed data, process all the data).
o Data gets shipped to Iron Mountain for storage.
• Mix of Red Hat 6/7 currently. Finished up a push to move off of Red Hat 5 last year, any new servers will be 7.
• Ansible is main automation tool – basic server config/web server.
• ESX for virtual machines/VMware
• KVM is their other virtualization system – not as well used as the ESX.
• NetApp Experience would be good – that’s their storage platform.
• SLURM – Clustering technology – would be a huge plus
• Infrastructure team consists of (manager/admin) – two sys admins, and a data based admin.
Red Hat Linux, Storage, Cluster, Windows 2008, RHEL 7, Netbackup
1) RHEL 7 Experience
2) New Server Deployment
3) Bash ScriptingTop Skills Details:
1) RHEL Administration Exp-There are 50 virtual/10 physical servers in a clustered environment. This person will be responsible for both projects and daily administration of the servers. (Buidling servers for customers, doing configurations, administration, and standard maintainance of the environement.) There will be some inventory management and time spent creating new environments with supervision. This person will be doing automation, as well, using Perl and/or Batch scripting.
2) Enterprise Storage Experience - This person needs to have a concrete understanding of what storage is about. This environment has a relatively large infrastructure with 4 enterprise storage systems. 3 of the storage systems are clustered, so having clustering experience is a plus. This person will be in charge of one of the storage systems and will be responsible for administration and management of the storage system. They will do storage volume creations, share creations, move storage bins around, change drives, and possibly talk to vendors if there is an issue.
3) Virtualization - This environment is 85% virtual. This person needs to have an understanding of what virtualization management is about. They will be creating VM's, managing them, managing snapshots of servers, doing virtualization work vs architecting the environment.
4) Windows-fewer than 12 servers but need to be able to do basic Windows 2008 administration.Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Outgoing, team player
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.