Interactive Business Systems is teaming up with a Racine, WI area client to locate and bring on a Linux Systems Engineer for a long term contract opportunity!
- Design, plan and implement enterprise-wide system solutions.
- Manage and maintain systems and software.
- Support server software and hardware and related applications and systems.
- Design systems that proactively monitor health and performance of systems and infrastructure.
- Implement tools to provide analytic trend analysis, capacity planning and performance data.
- Assist in standardized design of new and existing processes and policies.
- Document existing systems architecture and technology portfolio.
- Recommend improvements and/or alternatives for existing systems.
- Research and recommend emerging technologies to increase cost effectiveness, system ability and future expandability.
- Facilitate, lead and document meetings and discussions.
- Act as a liaison between IT management and remote branches and technicians.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field.
- 5+ years experience with Linux administration
- IT certifications such as RHCSA, RHCE a plus.
- Strong experience working with public cloud solutions (AWS, Azure and/or GCP)
- Experience working with an Agile methodology such as Scrum or Kanban
- Experience implementing and maintaining Oracle, MySQL and/or SQL server database instances is a plus
- Experience with VMWare administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in high-availability, fast-paced environments.
- Strong customer service focus and experience with end users.
Interested candidates should send a resume and brief cover note to the attention of Chris Douglas at Interactive Business Systems (firstname.lastname@example.org)
IBS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to all employees. Referral and sign-on bonuses may also be available.
About IBS: IBS, Interactive Business Systems, Inc., is an IT solutions and staffing company known for achieving business objectives and bottom-line results through the smart architecting, implementation and management of technology. In three decades of developing the technology applications, tools, environments and teams that foster top business performance, we have become an industry-leading IT services provider.
IT & Technical