Linux Systems Engineer
Location: Pleasanton, CA
12 month contract
- 5-10 year's experience in building and managing large scale Linux/Unix-based systems
- Strong knowledge of all layers of the TCP/IP stack and common Internet services/protocols such as SMTP, DNS, LDAP, NTP, HTTP.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following: shell scripting, Perl, Java, Python or Ruby highly desirable
- Experience in automating large-scale deployments with modern software configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, CFEngine etc) is desirable.
- Experience automating server provisioning, management and scaling
- Work as a member of a global team managing large 24 x 7 cloud platforms.
- Performance monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting of Linux/Unix servers
- Building tools to automate server provisioning, management and scaling
- Work closely with development teams, architects and application teams to deliver multiple projects