Our client, a Life Sciences company located in Waltham, MA is in need of a full-time Linux Team Lead to support their pharmaceutical partner who’s based in Cambridge, MA. This Linux Team Lead will work on site in Cambridge and will lead a small team of 4 High Performance Computing (HPC) and Linux administrators that are responsible for developing high performance computing solutions for the organization. Management tasks include organizing and executing team meetings including scrum sessions to review open tickets, as well as meeting with the internal client stakeholders and end users to ensure tickets are resolved. Technical duties include resolving level 3 and above tickets, architecture and administration of Red Hat Linux installations, and utilizing Ansible as a configuration management tool. Other tasks may include performing unit testing, configuring/reconfiguring clusters within Linux and handling various other technical problems that may arise.
- Demonstrated experience as a team lead
- 3+ years of experience with Red Hat Linux Administration or architecture
- 3+ years of experience utilizing Ansible as a Configuration Management tool
- Experience within the pharmaceutical/life science space.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as this person will be interacting with both technical and non-technical users.
- Experience as a systems administrator within High Performance Computing.