Job Title- LINUX-UNIX ADMINISTRATOR (Both Linux and Unix expertise are required)
Work Location: Pleasanton, CA
- SAN and NAS administration and management
- Volume Manager concepts and operations * ITIL processes
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide global production support for the Red Hat Enterprise Linux distributed infrastructure while on shift.
- Address incidents picked up by the monitoring systems alerting on global Unix & Linux infrastructure within a timely manner.
- Resolve problem tickets allocated to team on central management tools (e.g. Service Now / Remedy) * Implement requests for service as generated in manual and automated ticketing systems (e.g. SNOW, etc) * Regular verbal and written communication with business partners and other support teams to clarify details of incidents or service requests to maintain production stability and meet established SLAs.
- Liaise with vendors to analyze crash dumps, or infrastructure problems * Operational knowledge of key technologies, such RHEL 5/6/7, LVM/VxVM, VCS/RHCS, NetBackup, Blade technology, SAN/NAS storage / HP, Dell, IBM Servers.
- Provide projects support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux distributed infrastructure, preferably worked in Storage Migration, DC Exit, OS Migration, Unix estate wide remediation projects and BCM/Isolation tests, Power down activities.
- Experience in supporting UNIX based distributed computing environment with a large number of systems (500+) * Good written and spoken English, able to communicate in English with remote teams.
- Strong analytical and logical skills.
- Team work, ability to contribute to and work in a team, as well as at times step up and lead a number of people when handling problems or incidents * Strong inter-personal and communication skills, capable of writing/contributing to technical knowledge articles * Independent problem solving skills and effective time management * A solid understanding of a UNIX-based operating system, preferable Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6.
- Good troubleshooting skills with knowledge of key operating system concepts such as paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and what device drivers do, file system concepts, disk management/partitioning, auto mounting etc.
- Understanding and working knowledge of authentication and naming services, including NIS, LDAP with Kerberos, Power Broker, DNS, NTP, etc * Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts, such as NFS, routing, troubleshooting network related issues.
- Fundamental skills with Volume Manager, File System and Cluster server.
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (for example Tk, Perl, ksh, sh, csh) * Basic understanding of eCommerce and Retail infrastructure with previous job experience a plus.