Direct Hire / Full time
Compensation: $100- 130K
Location: Seattle, WA
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Excellent opportunity to work for a company where every voice is critical to our success. Our Client thrives on innovative and new ways to solve existing solutions! Our client is looking for an Embedded Linux/ Unix Firmware Engineer to join a team of Software Developers, Hardware Designers, and more who are committed to excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the product development lifecycle, including the requirements gathering, design review, capacity planning and code review processes.
- Architect interfaces for communication with a custom hardware device and be cautious of security requirements and design decision implications.
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness; able to handle complex issues and undocumented processes
- Collaborate to provide solutions to complex problems.
- Participate in the design, development, testing and documentation of future device drivers.
- To design and implement device drivers that enable our devices to effectively perform in the customer environment.
- Make enhancements, modifications and corrections to existing device drivers.
- Write reusable, testable and efficient code.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; documentation will be required
- 3-5+ years of Embedded Linux/Unix Software Development with Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS and/or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of Embedded Linux / Unix Software Development required without Bachelor's Degree.
- Expert knowledge of Programming language C.
- Expert knowledge of Linux which you have used recently and extensively in a professional position (Linux 2.6 and newer kernels).
- Experience developing and troubleshooting drivers on an embedded device (touchscreen, SPI, I2C, Bluetooth, wireless, battery, etc.).
- Experience cross-compiling Linux for ARM environments (GCC, CodeSourcery, Linaro toolchains).
- The ability to effectively utilize the following software tools: git, desktop Linux development environment, Jenkins and/or Yocto build environments.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and Agile environment; flexibility and responsiveness is required.
Preferred Qualifications of the Embedded Linux / Unix Firmware Engineer:
- Expert knowledge of C++.
- Experience of KVM or VM.
Related Keywords: Embedded Linux/Unix Firmware and Kernel Development, Embedded Hardware, Programming Language C.