Unix/Linux systems administrator
The client is currently looking for a mid-senior level Unix Linux Administrator to join their team. This individual will be working 50% of the time on project based work while the other 50% will be handling the day to day functions of administrating their systems that directly impact all applications and in the end impact their Patient first code.
Top Skills Details
- Unix Linux Server Administration
- Understanding of Database operation (Oracle and Mysql
- Storage/ Fiber switches, Netapp Storage Version ontap9
- Other: Virtualization experience; VMware Nutanix are both platforms we utilize
*Cultural- would give up technical experience if the person is mold-able/coach-able, they need to come in open to new ideas and carry a more adaptable mindset.
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- They use Netapp Storage and they have some legacy IBM storage but are trying to migrate away from that.
- Currently using Citrix Zenapp 7.15, Netapp-ontapp 9, Windows 08 12 16, Vmware 6.5 going to 7 later this year
- 12-1300 servers with 80% being Windows -20% AIX , Unix, and Linux
This group is in charge of the operating systems, the storage, backups, and to a minor extent… the actual hardware.
- The client is the largest employer in East Tennessee, stable, executive leadership has the same beliefs from the top down. It truly is a Covenant between God, the service providers, and the communities they serve. They are a not-for-profit so can't pay as much as others, but primary focus is to take care of people in the community.
- Not bleeding edge, but from the CEO down… it is understood that it is not an overhead department, but IT is woven into every single element into what the organization does. You can't take care of a patient, without IT being somewhat involved in it. So the executives truly understand the value of IT.
- Everything is about putting the patient first which means making sure we maintain our systems from security, to keeping our systems running for our applications to decrease downtime. How can we do more with less and work smarter and not harder.
- It is a cubicle environment and casual. The team and staff are all close and describe themselves as \'family-like\'. The Unix team is pretty tenured. A typical Unix Admin here will fix the problem instead of just rebooting the server and it going away, temporarily. He likes for people to find out what the symptom is and fix the problem.
- Currently the team is onsite 50% of the time 50% working from home this has been approved through June they are not sure what July holds at this time.
- BS in computer-related field or equivalent work experience required
Three (3) year of comparable systems administration experience in a large, complex environment. Requires extensive knowledge of computer operations and familiarity with shell and kernel programming. Highly skilled in several (3+) highly complex technologies. Able to lead/mentor others and manage projects. Able to communicate details to technical staff. Demonstrated technical problem-solving ability. Has a demonstrated understanding of interdependencies between operating systems, databases, applications, network and storage systems.
2 step interview: First interview will be a phone screen with the Systems manager and potentially one of his technical team members. The second step will be onsite with the rest of the team.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.