LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
Supply Chain is a customer-focused Center of Excellence providing industry-leading service while delivering differential value to the business, today and into the future. We separate our Supply Chain functions into several areas; these include logistics, customer fulfillment, services, trade compliance, and support for business processes and systems.
As a member of our dynamic Supply Chain team, you will play a critical role in the accurate and timely processing of transportation invoices while maintaining effective business controls. In this role, you will support the purchase to pay process by researching, validating and resolving complex invoices received from logistics vendors. During a typical day, you will work closely with the Logistics Commercial group by managing the contract rate databases and vendor payment performance.
This position reports to the Buyer Manager* and is located at our North American Headquarters in Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan, parking subsidy and employee discounts
Roles & Responsibilities
- Act as the main point of contact for all purchases and payments of logistics services on a site or regional basis.
- Establish relationships with internal stakeholders and vendors, clearly understand vendor and system requirements.
- Effectively deliver and facilitate communication across customer fulfillment, logistics, and accounts payable to validate services provided by transportation vendors and assure accurate and timely processing of transportation invoices. Proactively provide solutions to time-sensitive needs.
- Manage contract data to ensure effective rating and routing of shipments.
- Assure contract data accuracy to provide correct rating and routing of shipments. Monitor metrics and lead efforts to enhance operational excellence.
- Facilitate the resolution of declined, disputed, and exception invoices.
- Manage claims process with vendors to ensure all valid overpayments are refunded in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with corporate purchasing policies in all transactions.
- Demonstrate independent knowledge of the Enterprise system (SAP), extended system tools, and assist stakeholders/vendors with full utilization of these tools.
- Operate with a solution-oriented mindset with regard to process improvements; Assist with change implementation for extended system improvements or other Purchase to Pay projects.
- Partner with peers to provide solutions, guidance to resolve customer or business related problems.
- Model LyondellBasell core competencies with internal and external customers.
- The ideal candidate will have 3 years' relevant, industry-related experience.
- A Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred. Will consider candidates with a High School Diploma that have at least 8 years' relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Able to maintain professionalism and prioritize responsibilities in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Composed in time-sensitive situations, comfortable delivering difficult news.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and familiar with extended tools.
- Comfortable manipulating and analyzing data.
- Experience with ERP software such as SAP is strongly desired.
- Experience with Logistics software such as Bourque Logistics is desired.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston