LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
Supply Chain is a customer-focused Center of Excellence providing industry-leading service while delivering differential value to the business, today and into the future. We separate our Supply Chain functions into several areas; these include logistics, customer fulfillment, services, trade compliance, and support for business processes and systems.
As a member of our dynamic Supply Chain team, you will play a critical role in supporting our North America logistics operations movements for truck, warehousing and export. In this contributing through others role, you will be responsible for leading and motivating the logistics operations specialists to provide excellent service in a manner that is efficient and cost effective. This position will support Polymers, APS, I&D and Olefins/Refining business. During a typical day, you will be accountable for managing the people and processes management necessary to achieve best in class logistics operations.
This position reports to the Commercial Logistics Manager and is located at our North American Headquarters in Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan, parking subsidy and employee discounts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage logistics operations specialists team to support timely delivery planning and inventory support.
- Act as a liaison with Manufacturing, Customer Service, Operations Planning, and Quality to support any logistics operations activities.
- Recruit, train, and develop personnel to enhance skills to achieve best in class performance.
- Communicate clear goals to team members to foster growth and career development.
- Encourage a positive organizational culture that respects people, values professional development, and strives for continuous improvement.
- Lead by example to create a platform with high employee loyalty.
- Balance workload levels among staff and ensure proper coverage of shipping needs and requests at all times.
- Support technology improvement efforts to create automation for logistics operations processes.
- Act as the subject matter expert (SME) for logistics related technologies, as applicable.
- Support team to ensure processes and practices are compliant with internal and external audit requirements, such as the annual ISO 9001 certification.
- Ensure compliance with business rules and propose enhancements to optimize business objectives and goals.
- Monitor key metrics to support organizational goals and drive metrics to meet or exceed designated targets.
- Provide tactical, analytical and strategic support to the appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate efforts on problem resolution, customer complaints, and root cause analysis of quality/service incidents, including Wrong Product Shipped, if needed.
- Coordinate routine meetings with Customer Fulfilment to review process improvements, current issues or concerns, on-going projects, and new initiatives.
- Lead change implementation for extended system improvements or other logistics projects.
- Model LyondellBasell core competencies with internal and external stakeholders beginning to develop the skills necessary to contribute strategically.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years' experience in Supply Chain, manufacturing or other related experience.
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred. Will consider candidates with a High School Diploma that have at least 8 years' relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- The ideal candidate will have managerial courage as well as the desire to grow and develop people.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstratable leadership experience (either managerial experience or through cross-functions projects).
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, particularly in business writing with a focus on concise and accurate documentation.
- Demonstratable ability to perform in a fast-paced environment that requires rapid decision-making and task delegation with immediate impact on business results.
- Ability to effectively analyze large amounts of data and summarize the key outcomes to stakeholders.
- Demonstratable ability to think systemically, which may include change management and ability to view processes and ideas from a broader perspective.
- Anticipates potential objections and persuades others to adopt a different point of view.
- Ability to work independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
- Ability to anticipate internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process improvements.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently within challenging deadlines and maintain alignment with all key stakeholders.
- Composed in time-sensitive situations, comfortable delivering difficult news.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, BI, and other tools.
- Experience with ERP software such as SAP is desired.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston