The Estimator shall assist the Sales Department in the preparation of bids for various sized projects across multiple technologies and systems including, but not limited to, Structured Cabling Systems; Fiber Optic and Copper Backbone Cabling; Data Center Infrastructure Buildouts with associated cabling; Paging Systems; CCTV and Access Control Systems; Audio/Visual Systems, and DAS.
He/she shall thoroughly analyze blueprints, product specifications, RFP/RFQ documents and drawing notes to develop technical Scopes of Work, a comprehensive Bill of Materials for competitive pricing and ensure that the Company is in full compliance with all project requirements.
**The ideal candidate must be a team player with a can-do attitude and a deep commitment to superior quality and customer satisfaction.**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform site surveys to determine client needs and document required systems, building conditions, etc. that are integral to the proposal.
- Attend pre-bid meetings
- Write and submit pre-bid RFI documents.
- Work closely with the Sales Department to provide recommendations and potential strategies for winning projects.
- Review project drawings and create Bill of Materials
- Request materials pricing from distributors
- Identify all labor components for each required system.
- Develop and write comprehensive, technical scopes of work.
- Ensure that the Company is in compliance with all RFP/RFQ requirements.
- Coordinate and communicate essential information to the Operations Department for all awarded projects.
QUALIFICATIONS: Well-qualified candidates will possess the following skills/experience:
- Must have prior estimating experience in structured cabling systems
- Knowledge of industry standards and installation techniques
- Must be able to read and understand architectural and engineering drawings, specifications, etc.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize daily workload to ensure timely submission of all bids.
- Able to work under tight time constraints and sometimes under stressful conditions
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others, using both written and verbal methods
- Must be comfortable interacting in a professional manner across all levels of the organization both internally and with the Client.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Project)
- AutoCAD experience is a plus
- Knowledge of OSHA safety compliance requirements is a plus
- CCTV, Access Control, Audio/Visual and DAS experience is a plus.
We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits including medical/dental/vision as well as life/gap insurances, 401K w/company match, and paid vacations/Holidays. Plus, a comfortable working environment with people that celebrate successes and examine our failures together as a Team.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.