ACS group has an immediate need for a MDM Solution Architect. This is a Contract to Hire opportunity and is in Hopkins MN. Our client is a leading Food Processing organization.
Please review the job description below:
• Master Data
• Enterprise Architecture
The Solution Architect supports the comprehensive high level architecture, functionality, economics and architecture compliance of solution options for one or more Master Data Management data subject
areas. This position works closely with the Global Reference & Master Data Management Lead, Data architects, Global Master Data Management technical architects, Global portfolio Solution Architects,
Regional Solution and Application Architects, Enterprise Architecture and key stakeholders to determine requirements related to master data and reference master data. This position develops master data
and reference master data solution architecture at a Portfolio and project level in collaboration with other architects, global and regional portfolio teams and subject matter experts from Cargill’s business
The Solution Architect understands both technical and functional design and brings perspective from all architecture domains (process, application, integration, data, technology and security) into the solution
design of Master Data Management capabilities that support broader portfolio capabilities (e.g. HR, Supply Chain, Procurement, Finance, etc). Utilizing a strong expertise in the Master Data Management
capability area, business processes and applications that support these processes, this position ensures solutions developed are aligned to enterprise architecture standards and principles, leverage common
solutions and services, and meet the financial targets (cost and benefits). This position is accountable for solution evaluation and selection and early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business
The Solution Architect position is also responsible for staying current with emerging business and technology trends, promoting the ‘art of the possible’, and driving innovation investments throughout the
portfolio. This role is able to facilitate the difficult conversations involving balancing corporate strategies and local business requirements. This requires an ability to see multiple perspectives, steer discussions
towards fact-based comparisons, and drive significant net value for the enterprise.
Architecture Planning and Development (40%)
• Analysis, design, development and delivery of enterprise-wide Master Data Management solutions mastering key entities such as Customer, Product, Vendor, Material etc and identifying sources and consumers of Master data.
• Master data solution should also include the process of identifying reference data and defining the technical solution to consolidate reference data from across the enterprise residing in multiple source
systems/source files. The technical solution should centralize ownership and security of reference data, enforce business rules and data quality standards and integrate with source to provide consistent and
accurate reference data to subscribing systems with due consideration to ease of maintenance and efficiency.
• Develops and maintains high performance and scalable master data management solution architecture by leading solution definition, solution architecture reviews, and solution selection efforts
• Develop the Enterprise Data Integration Strategy including architecting, design and leading implementation
• Maintain governance process and data model for master data subject areas and reference master data.
• Align MDM solution with the overall Data Governance model with a strong focus on preventing transaction system attribute scope creep
• Acts as part of the broader Cargill Architecture community to define and execute architecture processes.
• Develops and maintains the Conceptual Architecture for the Master Data Management Global Applications Portfolio
• Owns the Logical Architecture for a Portfolio (describing flow and high level physical arch)
• Responsible for understanding the strategy across enterprises on the capabilities provided within their portfolio and translating that into an architecture plan (In partnership with the Reference and Master Data Management Portfolio Lead and other Architects)
• Responsible for the application architecture for all capabilities within the Master Data Management global applications sub-portfolio (meaning the application portfolio, key APIs, transactions, etc.) and the associated roadmap
• Responsible for the data landscape for the Master Data Management global applications sub-portfolio
• Responsible for all buy vs. build for the Master Data Management global applications sub-portfolio
• Responsible for governance of the architecture plan for the Master Data Management sub-portfolio
• Ensures portfolio architecture aligns with Enterprise Architecture standards/principles
• Responsible for lifecycle planning for applications within the global Master Data Management sub-portfolio
• Provides strategic consultation and recommendations for business process design, business intelligence design, software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and/or interfaces
during the design and ongoing care of solutions.
• Provides support and consultation for detailed design, deployment and production support of Master data and Reference data management projects across the enterprise
• Primary contact for vendors providing technology solutions within your portfolio (including open source distribution vendors).
• Responsible for ensuring Cargill roadmap items are included in vendor roadmap (including open source distribution vendors).
Business Partnership (25%)
• Work with businesses to establish clear connections between business goals and strategies and the process data, and technology investments required to achieve them.
• Partner with business leadership to understand how data will be leveraged as a competitive advantage and promote architectural methods and master data management solutions to enable business value.
• Provide consultation and recommendations for business capabilities, business process design, business intelligence design, software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and/or
interfaces during the design and ongoing care of master data management solutions.
• Regularly interface with other architects, analysts, process designers, application portfolio managers, business relationship managers, and enterprise subject matter experts to understand and evaluate
master data management portfolio capability needs.
• Assist in the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the portfolio based on new and emerging technologies. Independently establish priorities and strategies, ensuring they are
consistent with business goals and economically viable
• Provide guidance and training to Data Stewards across enterprises on stewardship activities
Architecture Assurance (20%)
• Manage adherence to defined standards throughout the design, development and implementation processes for the Master Data Management sub-portfolio including managing exceptions against the
• Review new projects and architecture master data and reference data management solutions, ensuring they are aligned with the enterprise architecture and meet financial targets.
• Champion data as a corporate asset, ensuring the value realization of the investments Cargill is making in the data and information areas are captured.
IT Innovation & Delivery (15%)
• Maintains extensive knowledge of industry trends, and utilizes this knowledge to educate the Reference and Master Data Management
Key Requirements and Technology Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Management Information Systems
• 15+ years of experience in developing and leading cross enterprise ERP solutions
• 7+ years of experience in developing cross enterprise Master Data Management solutions in a large enterprise integrating diverse ERP systems (such as Salesforce, SAP, JD Edwards) and implementing an
effective, efficient and easy to maintain publish-subscribe model
• 5+ years of experience in architecting and designing large scale cross enterprise MDM implementations with a focus on ease of maintenance and ease to upgrade
• 5 years experience with business process design and improvement, including the Master Data Management capability area
• 3 years experience in an architecture role
• Experience architecting integrated solutions involving process, data and technology across complex landscape of multiple ERPs, applications, hosted and on-premise solutions
• Experience collaborating with regional and global project teams to define business requirements and deliver solutions that meet business goals
• Experience with business case development
• Well versed with Data consolidation/ETL, Data Quality, Data Enrichment (D&B), Data Security, Data Governance and Data Harmonization concepts, practices and their implementation
• Familiarity with Informatica Cloud MDM, Customer 360, Informatica Data Quality, Informatica Power Center, SAP Information Steward, Address Doctor for Data profiling, cleansing and address
• Expertise with MDM implementation styles, data models, party relationships, matching rules, trust frameworks, complex hierarchy relationship management, organization hierarchy and data governance
• Experienced in implementing Enterprise Master Data Management for Customer, Product, Vendor, Material Master
• Strong understanding and experience in implementing Reference Master data solutions across multiple source systems, regions, languages, business lines and functions in a large organization
• Experience in cloud technologies and practices, building data applications that use services such as AWS EC2, S3, EMR, Athena, Glue, Lambda, Elastic search and a well-grounded knowledge of
engineering and continuous delivery practices.
• Proficient in Informatica MDM/IDQ (v 10.x) and other suite tools
• Strong conceptual, strategic thinking, problem solving, technical and analytical skills
• Leadership and interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
• Ability to influence peers and leadership stakeholders
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills in working with both onsite and virtual teams
• Excellent project management, planning and organizational skills
• Prior experience in implementing at least 2 large scale MDM initiatives for multiple business lines/functions using Agile methodology
If it creates an interest for you, please email me the latest copy of your resume.
Thanks and regards,
ABOUT ACS GROUP. – ACS Group is a premier provider of IT Consulting, Engineering Consulting, Healthcare Solutions, Talent Solutions, and Workforce Management Solutions to Fortune 1000 companies globally. ACS Group conducts business through four operating brands – AIC, Analysts, ComforceHealth, and HireGenics – each with a specialized business focus. Our operating brands have provided targeted services and solutions for more than 50 years. Recognitions include: #1 Fastest Growing Company in the State of Georgia (2014); Ranked by SIA as the Second Largest Minority-Owned IT Consulting Company in the U.S. (2015); and winner of Inavero’s Best of Staffing® Client Diamond Award (2016). ACS Group is a certified MBE organization, and an NMSDC Corporate Plus® member, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with offices across the U.S. and India, and an international presence in Canada and Latin America.