SkillStorm is seeking a MDX Database Developer for one of our clients in Charlotte, NC.
We are seeking a talented MDX Database Developer who will be excited to come into a brand new, Greenfield development environment. Our client is looking for a collaborative individual, with a team-oriented mindset. This is an extremely exciting project, as the team is currently in the beginning stages of building a brand new database at the enterprise level. This project comes down from the CEO of the company and is the most important initiative currently.
The candidate will enjoy:
- Greenfield Development
- Working with a passionate, collaborative team
- One of the best working environments in the greater Charlotte area
- Creating a new database that will provide solutions across the enterprise
Apply today if you're background includes:
- Designing and implementing SSAS Cubes.
- Consulting with Data Scientists, ETL Developers, and Database Administrators to assist with data flow decisions.
- Analyzing potential data quality and data engineering issues to assist data architects in creating effective data pipelines.
- Engaging with customers and business partners as the subject matter expert on data accuracy and data delivery.
- Providing appropriate documentation on cube and data solutions.
- Interacting with the DBAs, Solution Engineers, Support Engineers, and Data Scientists to create data delivery solutions according to BI Best Practices.
- Developing T-SQL Stored Procedures, MDX Queries, analytical cubes / OLAP, and Visualization solutions.
- Ability to diagnose, tune & optimize poorly performing cubes
- Demonstrated familiarity with PerfMon counters for SSAS and application of counters for cube performance optimization
- Creating report solutions by acquiring data from various sources to solution complex business requirements.
- Creating and maintain professional documentation regarding data flow into and out of cubes.
- Proven ability to create robust, efficient, and maintainable data solutions.
- Strong MDX query and expression skills
- Strong T-SQL scripting skills and ability to understand and create complex stored procedures, views, data aggregations and manipulations through table joins, queries, database design, and normalization / de-normalization techniques.
- Familiarity with data governance principals and able to keep accurate QA and validation routines, documentation, and business rule definitions as necessary.
- Ability to establish, describe, design, and document systems and data flow through various mediums.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of MDX development experience and T-SQL Development experience with an emphasis in Business Intelligence implementation projects (ETL, Data Warehouse, Cube Development).
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of BI, to include Architecture, ETL, Data Warehouse, Data Models, Schemas, Analytics, and Reporting.
- Strong knowledge of Business Intelligence as it relates to processes, architecture, data models, data flow, databases, and ETL.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft SSMS, SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS.