Create cost estimates for specific disciplines relating to large capital construction projects, provide business support to management and guidance to junior staff. In addition, there will be collaborative work with the team to complete pricing and benchmarking research, while maintaining project documents and files. The role is based at a semi-conductor project site in Hillsboro, OR.
* Analyzes blueprints and other documents and prepares detailed cost estimates. Performs accurate quantity takeoffs of available design documents.
* Obtains accurate and up to date pricing information from databases, contractors, suppliers, etc. to utilize in estimates.
* Inputs estimate takeoff information for specific discipline into CATO and develops unit cost pricing.
* Works with architects and engineers to develop clear understanding of project scope during preparation of estimate. Develops relationships with members of A/E firms and project team members.
* Assists senior staff in ways to make projects more efficient. Seeks ways to improve accuracy and efficiency of tasks.
* Maintains project documents such as drawings and specifications in an organized and reasonable manner. Maintains project files on file server in accordance with company standards.
* Maintains and updates data library of costs.
* Prepares cost reconciliation between two or more estimates and explains variance cost drivers.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.