The following describes the various aspects of the designated job. Some or all of these aspects may be changed over time, with or without notice, at the sole discretion of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States (US) on a full-time basis. The ACGME will not provide employment sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B Visa or other US employment authorization).
Title: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator/Project Manager
Department: Department of Information Services
Reports To: Senior Director, Network Services
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator/Project Manager is responsible for the management and support of Microsoft 365 cloud services and their implementation as well as the end-user productivity environment. This position provides technical leadership project management from project inception through implementation and operation including design and delivery and adoption of Office 365 tools, including, but not limited to Exchange Online, OneDrive, Teams, Microsoft SharePoint Online, Power Automate, Intune and Azure Active Directory. This role works with IT leadership, technical staff, the ACGME Program Management Office and customers to define requirements, evaluate solutions, implement projects, and manage solutions that achieve business objectives with a focus on user adoption of cloud tools.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership for the deployment and use of Microsoft 365 tools, in particular (but not limited to) Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Teams, OneDrive, Power Automate, Intune and other apps features like Planner, Forms, OneNote, etc.
and Azure Active Directory,
- Work with IT leadership, end-users, and team members to define business requirements, determine priorities, recommend solutions, and develop scopes of work and implementation plans.
- Serve as project manager for the Microsoft 365 Enterprise initiative creating project plans, schedules, budgets, deliverables, communication plans, risk logs, issues logs, status reports, and performance metrics from concept through the full project lifecycle.
- Provide coordination, monitoring, status updates, and oversight of the Microsoft 365 project in coordination with the ACGME Program Management Office (PMO) and Senior Director, Network Services
- Coordinate the efforts of M365 project team members and third-party contractors and/or consultants to deliver the M365 project on time meeting budget requirements.
- Administer, manage, and implement changes to the enterprise Microsoft 365 environment including on-premise hybrid integrations such as Microsoft Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS) and Azure Active Directory Connect, SSO and Connectors to 3rd Party apps.
- Provide second level support services to staff for complex, technical and configuration issues related to Microsoft 365 applications
- Stay current on Office 365 changes, updates and new Microsoft releases for Office 365 and related products
- Provide training and keeping staff/users engaged on Microsoft 365 changes that impact the organization.
- Identify, research, and keep abreast of emerging cloud technologies, solutions, strategies, and developments with the goal of identifying opportunities for their use.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the IT team to ensure security standards and best practices are applied and maintained across the Office 365 environment.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office 365 administration, engineering, architecture and design.
- Expert knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Teams, Power Automate and other apps features like Planner, Forms, One Note, etc.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Demonstrated work experience with project management at the organizational level reporting into Senior Leadership.
- Familiar with various Project Management Methodologies with ability to assess best project management methodology for successful project delivery.
- General knowledge of networking concepts, technologies, structured database and application/web servers including SharePoint Demonstrated understanding of and experience with IT security best practices including mitigation and remediation strategies at an enterprise-level.
- Basic scripting and development skills using PowerShell
- One or more Office 365 certifications is a plus
- Advanced analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, technical peers, vendors, and users.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work in a team environment to accomplish organizational objectives
- Must have excellent written and oral communication and phone skills.
- Must be able to teach and consult with all levels of ACGME staff members, as well as vendor support staff members.
- Must be an independent worker and be able to problem solve and prioritize tasks with minimum supervision.
- Must be well organized, detailed, and thorough in approach to all job functions.
- Must have experience in software documentation, software testing protocols, and creation of user instructions software manuals.
Position requires the significant use of standard office equipment, such as a computer, keyboard, mouse, photo copier, fax machine, telephone, etc.
- Most of the work of the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator/Project Manager is done in the Chicago office of the ACGME with the typical physical demands of an office environment. During the COVID-19 pandemic, ACGME employees are working remotely until further notice. The Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator/Project Manager will need to be able to efficiently and effectively work remotely.
- Some travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator/Project Manager:
- Will be required to sit and work for extended periods of time at a personal computer using a keyboard and a mouse.
- Is regularly required to lift 50-75 pounds, and to move computer equipment and other supplies.
- Must be willing and able to travel if required.
ACGME is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled and Veteran Employer. ACGME welcomes differences in the form of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, geography, socioeconomic status, age, politics, religion, philosophy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression status. All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.