Job Title: Exchange Administrator
Location: Union, NJ
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Contact Info: Matt O'Brien - [email protected] - 201-786-2415
- Exchange Administrator will be responsible with planning, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all on-premise exchange related hardware/software, exchange online tenant administration and email migration from on premise Lotus Notes to O365.
- The resource will work in a team environment where teamwork and cross team collaboration with effective communications and accountability is of the highest importance.
- This team is responsible for migrating all systems from Lotus Notes to O365 and is looking for a candidate who can perform under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Candidate will be accountable for their assigned tasks as well as be part of a team environment and provide support where needed.
- Candidate must collaborate effectively with team and provide consistent updates to team and management alike.
- We are looking for local candidates only.
Responsibilities will Includes:
- Exchange server builds, maintenance, administration, patching, and optimization of the exchange on prem environment
- Support the administration of the current corporate email and application environment which comprises Lotus Notes on premise and O365 services.
- Assist/Coordinate with messaging projects, software upgrades, architecture changes and implementation of new components within the environment.
- Create and maintain the Exchange Architectural/technical documentation including server build documentation and related network diagram
- Develop and document processes and procedures for Office 365 and associated Office Systems
- Assist with technical training and guides and mentors less experienced staff.
- Assist with the Office 365 and associated Office Systems roadmap
- Migrate on premise corporate and store emails from Lotus Notes to exchange on prem to O365 without business disruption.
- Developing customer PowerShell scripts for automation, redundant task, reporting, monitoring, etc.
- Troubleshoot Messaging issues, working in collaboration with other relevant IT areas and vendor support towards a quick and effective resolution.
- Resolve complex routing problems in a heterogeneous messaging environment.
- Resolve Tier-2 and Tier-3 tickets related to messaging and collaboration systems.
- Maintain the development, test and production environments.
- Builds an understanding of current technical Office System architecture and all aspects of the architecture life cycle.
- Maintains familiarity with general infrastructure, cloud platforms, and application hosting options with a detailed understanding of their service area within the Office Systems domain.
- Understands information systems requirements and incorporates these requirements into Office 365 and related Office solutions
- Supports tests on new technologies that have potential impact of Office 365 and potential for use in Office Systems environment.
- Work directly with users, developers, engineers, and vendors in the design and configuration of Office 365 and associated Office Systems
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field.
- Deep technical and architectural knowledge of the following technologies:
- Exchange (Online/2016/2013)
- Lotus Notes is a plus
- Email migrations
- Good understanding of Office 365 features
- Windows Server Active Directory (GPO, Forest, Design, Scripting, ACL)
- Active Directory Federation Services or other federation services
- Azure Active Directory Connect or MIM Sync Services
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in Information Technology with 3-5 years' experience as an Exchange/O365 Engineer and/or Administrator in a corporate environment with emphasis on high-availability and uninterrupted 24/7 messaging services.
- Experience with Office 365 and migrations from on premise to the Cloud.
- Strong technical abilities with thorough understanding of system-level issues associated with messaging and office systems
- Knowledge of how to setup SSO
- Excellent at PowerShell scripting for administration, automation of processes, and issue resolution.
- Demonstrated expertise of Active Directory & GPOs
- Experienced with perimeter SMTP appliances such as Cisco IronPort SMTP routing appliances.
- Experienced with Email Archiving / E-discovery solutions, such as CommVault, or Enterprise Vault Understanding of Electronic Records Management and document lifecycle.
- Familiar with diagnosing issues related to Networking components (e.g., firewalls, load balancers, web browsers, TCP/IP, SSL, HTTP, LDAP, etc. Must be able to provide after-hours support on an as-needed and/or rotating basis.
- Familiarity with SOX regulations and best practices implementing Internal controls to comply with Regulations.
- Effective analytical, planning, organizational, problem determination and resolution process skills.
- Knowledge of peripheral systems and protocols, such as Email Gateways, ADFS, AZURE AD, Email Archiving solutions.
- Attention to detail and commitment to high quality deliverables and the ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent oral and written communication with customer service skills.
- Able to adapt and prioritize tasks/projects in order to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly motivated and able to research and learn new technologies.
- Always eager to find ways to improve current processes.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
All offers of employment at TechLink, Inc. are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Background checks will include: Social Security Verification, Prior Employment Verification, Professional References, Educational Verification, Criminal History, Motor Vehicle Records and e-verify.
Contract to Hire
$50.00 - $60.00 /Hour
IT & Technical