This job consists of activities related to the installation, administration and technical support of systems software for a Z/OS mainframe under general supervision and direction.
* Defines and programs software routines using established mainframe programming languages.
* Installs and/or maintains vendor supplied software packages using SMP/E.
* Provides technical support to applications programming and other support areas in the use of systems software.
* Debug problems where systems software may be involved.
* Change operating system settings/options to support business needs and to optimize performance.
* Assist in developing and recommending standards and best practices in the use of systems software.
* Keep technical skills current by reading and attending approved schools and seminars.
* Assists with other duties as needed within the department or elsewhere.
A college education or its equivalent is preferred. Course work with emphasis in computer science techniques is desirable.
The ideal candidate would have experience with Z/OS systems software installation, maintenance and administration with experience in the role of team leader or project coordinator.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
This job requires the ability to:
* work with people in a team environment;
* make logical and sound decisions under supervision;
* work occasionally outside the normal business hours;
* clearly articulate thoughts and ideas verbally and in writing;
* prepare business correspondence that is grammatically correct, effective and professional.
The individual should have strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options.