LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The Maintenance & Reliability Engineer position provides rotating and fixed equipment mechanical maintenance and reliability engineering support for the Lake Charles Louisiana Integrated Polymers Facility in Westlake, Louisiana. The position will be based in Westlake, Louisiana. The candidate will support production unit maintenance/reliability efforts and drive improvements in maintenance work processes, procedures, performance, and cost.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Support and participate in the site's safety programs.
* Troubleshoot issues with mechanical equipment (pressure vessels, heat exchangers, reciprocating and centrifugal compressors, pumps, gearboxes, blowers, turbogenerators, boilers).
* Conduct investigations to determine root cause of equipment failures, complete and close findings as required.
* Lead or participate in site reliability improvement teams which identify, prioritize, and resolve leveraging maintenance / reliability / production issues.
* Assist in the development of the yearly maintenance budget and program spending plans.
* Provide technical/engineering specifications for design of new and inspection/repair of exiting pieces of mechanical equipment.
* Provide support to establish adequate spare parts and preventative maintenance tasks on equipment.
* Provide planning support for major machinery overhauls, equipment replacement, specifying scope of required work and technical details to ensure successful execution.
* Develop and maintain site systems and procedures to implement corporate engineering and operational excellence standards.
* Execute site Capital projects per corporate project management process.
* Able to travel approximately once per quarter.
Area of Expertise, Requirements
* Must demonstrate a working knowledge of all applicable engineering and inspection codes/standards and their application (API, ASME, ANSI, PIP).
* A thorough knowledge of operating processes, equipment, and materials of construction.
* General knowledge of project management, reliability engineering, and root cause analysis.
Education and Work Experience
*B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
*Minimum of 1 year experience in refining or petrochemical plant industry preferred
Languages English, additional language preferred
*Experience with both fixed and rotating equipment is preferred.
*Certified Vibration Analyst per ISO 18436-3 preferred.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Lake Charles