LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for managing the Maintenance Department, Controls Engineering, and the Tool Room, while providing support to operations and the maintenance of equipment. He/she works to develop and maintain a diversified and skilled staff in each of these departments.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Actively participate in Safety programs
- Accountable for all maintenance and related preventative/predictive programs
- Maintain and expand the preventative maintenance program
- Managing the staff performance and activities for maintaining all equipment to ensure safe, continual and efficient operations
- Purchasing of repair, critical spare and machine components
- Representative for plant level major projects and when dealing with key equipment suppliers and contractors
- Provide technical support to maintenance, tool room, and controls engineering
- Managing costs, budget, and planning for MRO items
- Managing and direct the work of the Maintenance department, Controls Engineering, and Tooling Room personnel and projects
- Maintain high standards for safety and housekeeping which result in an atmosphere which is safe and clean for all employees
- Establish and maintain a strong manufacturing customer focus throughout the department and in support of plant-wide operations
- Hire, train, motivate, coach, assign work and counsel in order to achieve a diversified, highly skilled team
- Actively participate in capital planning, implementation, and new process development
- Establish operating indicators (metrics) which measure departmental performance on a regular basis and communicate this information to the organization
Note: Other duties and responsibilities performed as assigned.
- High level of proficiency and working knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems
- Proficiency in managing capital appropriation requests and project management
- Strong root cause analysis and remediation
- Solid understanding and demonstration of troubleshooting skills and best practices
- Preventative maintenance program software
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years experience as a Maintenance Technician or Electrician
- 5+ years progressive Maintenance and/or Engineering Management
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in Engineering, Maintenance, or related field
- Experience with compression and injection molding process and equipment preferred but not required.
- Languages English, additional language preferred
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron