LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The position of Maintenance Technician is responsible for preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of plant process equipment used in the manufacturing process. The incumbent evaluates the unit's operating status and performs troubleshooting of processes, and repairs equipment in order to maximize unit reliability and quality production. The incumbent understands levels of downtime caused by equipment issues and associated points of cause and maintains communication with others inside and outside their department. This positions receives direction from a supervisor and may receive support from a process specialist and technical personnel.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Comply with all safety requirements resulting in zero safety violations. This includes participating in all safety related activities such as safety talks, behavioral based safety observations, audits, etc.
* Monitor, troubleshoot, and perform predictive, preventative, and corrective maintenance on equipment used during daily manufacturing
* Perform changeovers and disassemble, assemble, and clean machinery
* Follows standard operating and LOTO procedures for all assigned tasks
* Follows schematics, diagrams, blueprints, operation manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications
* Install, adjust, and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, electromechanical, conveying, bag housing, and air conveying systems
* Inspect and replace hoses, valves, pumps, etc.
* Weld and fabricate parts and machinery as required
* Review and maintain electronic work orders, timekeeping, and parts inventory system
* Review and maintain electronic records of maintenance repair actions; provide analysis of data retrieved
* Maintain physical accountability and inventory of parts and equipment in storehouse; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies
* Instruct/teach proper maintenance and care methodologies and procedures
* Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
* Analyze operating processes to help maximize efficiency and assist with maintaining efficient machine operations
* Maintain a clean work environment ensuring that there are no pellets or debris on the floor or machines and all tools and equipment are in the proper location and storage units
* Minimum 3 years previous experience working in an industrial maintenance role of similar capacity at an industrial manufacturing facility
* Availability to work overtime or weekends on short notice as needed; provide on-call service when required
* Must possess a High School Diploma or G.E.D. at time of application; PREFER a certification/degree in at least one of the following:
2-year degree in Industrial, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering
Industrial Electricity/motor controls or a state-issued license
Journeyman's Card (Electrical, Maintenance, Millwright)
Welding certification (3G or 4G; 6G preferred)
Fluid Power Systems (Hydraulic and Pneumatic)
* Must possess a valid Driver's License
* Must submit to pre-employment screening including: employment history verification, background check, physical and hair follicle drug screening.
* Must be able to read and interpret schematics, diagrams, blueprints, operation manuals, manufacturers' instructions and engineering specifications, write routine correspondence, and speak the English language to effectively communicate with supervisors and other team members
* Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, and work at heights of 300ft or more and work in confined spaces
* Strong mathematics and computer skills; SAP experience preferred
* Properly follow written and verbal operating and LOTO procedures; complete work within given deadlines
* Ability to troubleshoot equipment and problems effectively
* Collaborate with team members
* Maintain excellent attendance habits
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Stand on feet up to 12 hours
- Ability to perform without reasonable accommodation: walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, twisting, and lifting a minimum 55 lbs. or more
- Willing and able to comply with respiratory fit testing
- Must be able to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include: heat, cold, dust, strong odors, and loud noises with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including long pants, long sleeves, steel-toed boots, gloves, hard hat, safety goggles, earplugs, and a respirator are required to be worn
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago