Maintenance Technician, AZZ Bristol
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, assisting in the performance of maintenance services in the areas of plumbing, electrical, welding, construction, painting and/or machine servicing.
5:00 AM - 4:00 PM (anything over 40 / week hours is paid at time and a half)
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations
High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
6 mo. - 2 yr. years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of hot dip galvanizing, steel fabrication or other custom metal coating operations is preferred. Knowledge of raw materials, production process, quality control and costs and knowledge of hand tools and equipment is preferred. Knowledge of specific and general safety policies and procedures as relates to the plant and the position is preferred.
- Repairs, replaces and reassembles defective equipment parts using hand and power tools.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on equipment and buildings.
- Diagnoses mechanical problems and determines how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals and part catalogs when necessary.
- Orders parts, supplies and equipment from catalogs and suppliers.
- Operates cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.