LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The position of Maintenance Technician includes multiple tasks that ultimately provide good manufacturing practices and on time delivery to the customer. The individual must be able to support all manufacturing maintenance activities in the facility. Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety standards.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Comply with all safety requirements resulting in zero safety violations. This includes participating in all safety related activities such as safety talks, behavioral based safety observations, audits, etc.
- Set up and operate electronic instrumentation and related electromechanical or electro hydraulic apparatus involved in testing of mechanical, structural, or electrical equipment.
- Select, install, and calibrate instrumentation and circuitry.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production.
- Operate with a flexible work schedule including off shifts and in on-call situations.
- Work within and maintain accurate electronic parts inventory system
- Maintain accurate records and provide analysis of data.
- Analyze operating processes to help maximize efficiency and assist with maintaining efficient machine operations.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing issues within the process or facility.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 2+ years experience working in a similar capacity at a manufacturing or production facility
- 2+ years experience working with PLC, hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of working with control and 480 volt electrical circuits
- Proficient knowledge of preventative maintenance practices
- Ability to work overtime or weekends on short notice as needed
- Ability to apply basic mathematics skills
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Ability to work proactively and support other personnel and departments.
- Possess a professional attitude
- Ability to multitask and utilize the time available to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Maintain good attendance habits missing minimal work
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Stand on feet for 8-12 hours
- Ability to lift 65 lbs. or more
- Ability to work with fiberglass among other potentially hazardous materials
- Willing and able to comply with respiratory fit testing (where applicable)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required to be worn
- Ability to work in moderate noise level atmosphere
- Ability to work in an environment that is not temperature-controlled; very warm temperatures in summer months
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland