LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.Basic Function
LyondellBasell is currently seeking a qualified, dedicated Maintenance Technician for our plant located in Allentown, PA.
This position will work first shift with a schedule that runs 07:00am-3:30pm; Monday through Friday. Some overtime or weekend work may be necessary.
This position is an immediate, direct hire with competitive pay. Offering a full benefits package that starts your first day on the job, benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, health savings, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
The position of Maintenance Technician includes multiple tasks that ultimately provide good manufacturing practices and on time delivery to the customer. The individual must be able to support all manufacturing maintenance activities in the facility. Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety standards.Roles & Responsibilities
- Comply with all safety requirements resulting in zero violations. This includes participating in all safety related activities such as safety talks, behavioral based safety observations, audits, etc
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production.
- Perform tear-down and re-assembly of equipment for Cleanouts & Changeovers.
- Operate with flexibility by either coming in early or staying over to facilitate start-up of priority equipment and in on-call situations when required.
- Work within and maintain accurate electronic records of parts and maintenance repair actions.
- Maintain physical accountability and inventory of equipment and parts in storehouse.
- Maintain accurate records and provide analysis of data.
- Instruct/teach proper maintenance and care methodologies and procedures.
- Analyze operating processes to help maximize efficiency and assist with maintaining efficient machine operations.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing issues within the process or facility.
- Assist other crafts as needed.
- Perform electrical work as needed under direction of a qualified electrical worker.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* 5+ years' experience working in a similar capacity at a manufacturing or production facility.
* 5+ years' experience working with bearing replacements, dust elimination (bag house) systems, mechanical conveying systems (screw, augers), and air conveying systems (blowers, fans).
* Solid skills in stick and MIG welding with some TIG welding experience.
* Experience with fabrication a plus.
* Proficient knowledge of preventative maintenance practices.
* Ability to work overtime or weekends on short notice as needed.
* Ability to apply basic mathematics skills.
* Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
* Ability to work proactively and support other personnel and departments.
* Possess a professional attitude.
* Ability to multitask and utilize the time available to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
* Maintain good attendance habits missing minimal work.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Stand on feet for 8-12 hours
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Ability to climb a ladder to 25'
- Ability to work at heights to 35'
- Ability to work with fiberglass among other potentially hazardous materials
- Willing and able to comply with respiratory fit testing (where applicable)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required to be worn
- Ability to work in moderate noise level atmosphere
- Ability to work in an environment that is not temperature-controlled; very warm temperatures in summer months.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Allentown