LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
A global chemical company is looking for a highly motivated and well-rounded Application Development Manager with application development experience and leadership skills. The Application Development Manager holds a critical leadership position within LYB's Applications which is responsible for the strategy, architecture, design, development, delivery and operations of LyondellBasell' s (LYB's) global custom web applications. This Application development portfolio spans all modules and products supporting Manufacturing, Legal, HR, Finance, Supply Chain, Commercial and all Corporate Services globally. This portfolio includes all custom web, SharePoint, RPA (Robotic Process Automation) applications implementation using primarily Microsoft technologies (.Net, SQL database, SharePoint 2013/2016/Online) and RPA.
Alongside leadership, the Application Development Manager is responsible for teaming with his/her peers to deliver quality, integrated end to end solutions to pressing business needs.
The Application Development Manager collaborates with leaders at all levels of the organization and manages a team of professionals consisting of Microsoft, SharePoint and RPA developers. Team composition includes employees, contractors and third-party partners. The employee base averages 10-15, offshore team averages 3-8, and contractor base averages 5 depending on the projects.
This person will play a key role in Custom web application related workstreams associated with merger & acquisition initiatives.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Applications Development and Functional and is located in Downtown Houston at our North American headquarters and offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts.Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead team members in solution development, design and architectural processes related to Custom web, SharePoint and RPA applications.
- Work closely with the Global Applications Director, Senior Manager, Managers and other ITS and business partners to develop Custom web application and RPA strategy in support of overall business strategy and goals.
- Contribute to strategic decision making around Microsoft and RPA technologies advancements such as automation and cloud based solutions.
- Manage a team of 10-15 employees and 8-15 offshore and onsite partner team members.
- Manage within an organizational structure supporting quality delivery in a cost-effective manner. This will consist of a mix of employees, contractors, delivery partners and offshore resources.
- Lead the team managing day-to-day aspects of designated portfolio including project delivery, support, continuous improvement, development, upgrades, and enhancements.
- Lead large, complex projects with multiple work streams with significant risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution.
- Anticipates internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements.
- Engage with broader integration team on applications work associated with merger and acquisition initiatives.
- Manage the delivery of Statement of Work (SOW) engagements with major partners such as Microsoft and others partners.
- Consistently strive for best practices in performance and talent management.
- Foster an environment of strong ethics, excellence, morale, leadership and teamwork.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Solid Microsoft technologies experience.
- 15+ years of experience including at least five years leading and managing global application development teams.
- Experience directly managing 10+ employees.
- Proven background in large scale application development, project delivery, maintenance and support.
- Capability to envision, architect and deliver quality integrated solutions consisting non-SAP and SAP applications.
- Strong leadership, communication, negotiation, and conflict management skills.
- Track record of leadership and achievement of objectives through team.
- Ability to communicate highly technical information in an understandable manner.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or related field of study is preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Working experience with SAP is a plus.
- Background in mergers, acquisitions or divesture activities a plus.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston