LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
The Senior Lead Financial Analyst/Manager Corporate FP&A is responsible in supporting and leading the global management reporting and forecasting processes and deliverables. This position engages with and provides management reports, presentations, and analyses to the Finance and Business Leadership teams. This position requires close interaction and collaboration with the Segment Controlling, Fixed Costs Controlling and Manufacturing Controlling organizations as well as various Corporate Functions and IT system support team. The Manager role has two direct reports and the Senior Lead Financial Analyst role has no direct report. This position reports to Sr. Manager, Management Reporting & Forecasting.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Prepare and/or review management reporting package and analyses, including Flash Reports, Business Review Meeting (BRM) packages, Performance Letter, Consolidated Forecast Financial Statements (P&L and Cash Flow Statement), MD&A Segment Analysis, and earnings release Q&A.
- Support and/or lead monthly global forecasting process. Coordinate with Segment Controlling, Fixed Costs Controlling and Supply Chain/Manufacturing Controlling organizations as well as various Corporate Functions to ensure timely and accurate submission of forecast data.
- Collect, consolidate and upload Corporate Function forecast data to forecasting system (BPC/OneStream). Review forecast outputs to ensure data accuracy and perform variance analysis.
- Review submissions to ensure the quality of data and analyses. Understand business stories, research data discrepancies, and follow up with Business and functional groups when necessary.
- Responsible for data integrity in forecasting system (BPC/OneStream). Coordinate with IT system support team to troubleshoot as needed.
- Maintain and optimize models/templates to continuously improve effectiveness and efficiencies in FP&A Management Reporting & Forecasting processes.
- Assist in ad-hoc requests, such as evaluating new benchmarks, key metrics, and changes in regulations for variance analysis and internal reporting needs.
- Lead or participate in the FP&A or Finance initiatives, such as OneStream project.
- Provide support in annual budget and Long Range Planning (LRP) processes.
- Support implementation of new Management Reporting & Forecasting system (e.g. OneStream) and ensure seamless integration into the reporting requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting or finance with emphasis in the financial consolidations and internal/management reporting.
- Master's degree in accounting/finance and professional certification (e.g. MBA, CPA, CFA, FP&A) preferred. Public accounting or financial investment/consulting experience is a plus.
- Good understanding in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems (e.g. SAP, BPC, HFM) and business intelligence (BI) software.
- Demonstrate analytical skills and business acumen, including the ability to identify and understand key business drivers in the petrochemical manufacturing industry.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and effectively manage key stakeholder expectations and deadlines. Includes responding to numerous (and often urgent) requests from multiple stakeholders for financial analysis and commentary.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively build and maintain solid relationship with internal/external stakeholders, and strong presentation skills to message and communicate results clearly and concisely.
- A self-starter with ability to shape decisions; engage with stakeholders; and rally support to drive operational and reporting excellence.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage interfaces and build solid relationships with all key stakeholders. Includes being sensitive to, and effective at, operating across different functional areas, organizations and cultures.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston