LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.Basic Function
The Manager of Data Quality & MDM will lead the strategic vision and roadmap, for the Information Technology Services (ITS) department, in support of the objective to improve the completeness, consistency and accuracy of data across key transactional systems and all master data domains.
The individual will work with various teams within Global Business Services (GBS), and across the Enterprise, in order to champion the development and deployment of a data quality management process that results in measurable improvements. Furthermore, this person will foster the establishment of a Master Data platform that is capable of serving as a single source of truth for all data; synchronizing enterprise data across transactional systems, while also syndicating to analytical systems that would in turn create multiple versions of the truth.
Although this person will lead a technical team, this is a business-facing role that requires a candidate with leadership skills and a strong data management background who understands data, how to execute end to end data quality, and continuously improve an operation.Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead efforts to acquire or restructure data across all domains to meet gaps in data quality
- Work with business stakeholders to define quality metrics to measure and monitor quality of data.
- Develop and implement data cleansing processes to ensure foundational data and data models are complete, timely, and accurate.
- Work with business stakeholders to translate business rules into data quality rules and implement them within the MDM platform.
- Identifying and managing critical data quality issues and risks; Clearly communicate progress and roadblocks.
- Work with all lines of business on understanding the business impacts and prioritizing the data quality remediation.
- Develop policies and standards to drive data quality efforts across all data teams from acquisition through consumption.
- Work with stakeholders to define governance rules used to develop and implement data quality standards.
- Expand, analyze and maintain DQI metrics as part of data quality scorecards for measuring adherence and improvement.
- Defining, measuring, and reporting on key metrics to show continuous improvement and progress within the data quality program.
- Improves data quality through organizational, procedural and technological means; Develops new processes, as needed, to ensure ongoing protection of data quality.
- Cooperates effectively with business partners and business system owners to understand data quality drivers and improve data at the source.
- Establishes target goals for data quality improvement and identifies optimal approaches for resolving data quality issues to achieve targets.
- Provide consultation on projects and initiatives to ensure plans and designs align with the broader MDM toolset strategy and design.
- Will act as the gatekeeper of the MDM platform/toolsets and the associated backlog of work
- Will ensure alignment to the overarching guiding principles and design vision for the MDM program
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 10+ years of technical experience in business analytics, large BI projects, system design, and data architecture required
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in development and implementation of data quality management solutions in a large, diverse data management organization
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in supervisory or managerial role
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience with Agile Scrum methodology and/or rapid application development techniques; Able to guide and prioritize efforts for an agile development team.
- Extensive experience in migrating manual data quality processes to an automated, sustainable framework
- Ability to perform extensive data analysis (comparing multiple datasets) using a variety of tools
- Must have significant experience with at least one of the following MDM solutions: IBM, SAP (MDG), Informatica, or Talend
- Expert knowledge of quality functions like cleansing, standardization, parsing, de-duplication, mapping, hierarchy management, etc.
- Expert knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes and technology
- Good judgment selecting methods and techniques that balance speed of delivery with the resiliency of design.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation communication skills; Articulates complex concepts, thought leadership and the business value of solutions in a clear and understandable way.
- Proven ability to develop strong collaborative relationships with peers and stakeholders
- Team player that works well in collaborative and matrix management situations; Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or a related discipline
- Master's in Computer Science or another related field is preferred
- 5+ years experience in the Manufacturing, Petrochemical or Oil and Gas Industries
- Demonstrated experience in building and delivering a robust enterprise data quality program
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple delivery teams to drive a common approach to measuring and improving data quality.
- Experience with integrating data quality capabilities in an Azure environment
- Experience with Azure DevOps or comparable agile management tools preferred
- Familiarity with technics to leverage machine learning within data quality management solutions
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston