The primary purpose of this job is to plan and direct efforts of departmental personnel in accomplishing stated design and development objectives for new products and processes.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Adheres to Integers Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
- Manages the development, implementation and maintenance of process methods.
- Oversees the development, implementation and maintenance of equipment for the production of process formulas, technologies and products to achieve cost effectiveness and improved product quality.
- Maintains and ensures compliance with GB policies for new product introduction.
- Initiates, directs and manages the design, development, and modification of products and processes from conception to implementation.
- Directs engineering staff to execute projects that support Hoshin/strategic plan.
- Measures team success based on department metrics.
- Evaluates test results and research projects and provides recommendations.
- Provides appropriate training and development to subordinates to ensure adherence to safety, quality, and technical standards.
- Performs other functions as required.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Master's degree preferred
- Minimum Experience: 7-10 years of experience in Engineering (Product Development and Manufacturing groups). Medical device experience preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Special Skills: Strong leadership skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Specialized Knowledge: Previous experience in managing new product introduction to manufacturing. Knowledge of Six-Sigma and lean techniques.