LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
The Manager, Executive and Corporate Communication is the key professional responsible for the supporting senior executive communications (presentations, speeches, etc), corporate sustainability initiatives, company investor relations activities through support of earnings releases, earnings release scripts and the company annual report.
This position is responsible for a wide variety of corporate public affairs activities. The individual should be able to work independently, have strong drive for results, bring creative and strategic thought to solve business problems.
The ideal candidate has outstanding, oral and written communication skills, business acumen, organization skills, interpersonal skills, ability to speak with clarity and confidence to individuals and groups from a variety of backgrounds, ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and to interact professionally and appropriately with C-suite level leaders inside and outside the Company.
A successful candidate is able to manage projects to completion on time while exceeding expectations of management. This position reports to Director of Corporate Communications, the position is located in Houston.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Collaborate with the director of corporate communications and members of the Leadership Team, Investor Relations teams, Finance Department and others to produce written content and messaging for LyondellBasell through a broad array of communication media: annual reports, data books, financial collateral, speeches and presentations, newsletters, memos, intranet content, web content, posters, signage, promotional campaigns, social media, tradeshow booths and materials, special projects, general internal and external communications globally.
* Distill and communicate complex business and financial concepts, data and questions into simple messages and communication tools.
* Work with Investor Relations to prepare quarterly earnings press releases, earnings call scripts and presentations to the investment community.
* Write and manage the development and production of the company's annual report wrap and data book as needed, ultimately being responsible for content, completion schedules and budget.
* Act as trusted partner for multiple internal clients and projects
* Act as project manager, executing assigned projects for internal accounts and external writing assignments.
* Present and sell ideas to business units and senior management.
* Function as part of a team to execute scripting and editing for various communication vehicles, as needed, including video and annual communications on employee compensation as related to financial performance and cost management.
* Implement metrics systems and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to benchmark progress and success of communications initiatives.
* Construct strategic plans inclusive of situational analysis, strategies, tactics, implementation timeline, budget and evaluation.
* Collaborate with in-house design team to execute creative campaigns and concepts in alignment with overarching corporate messaging and brand standards.
* Perform any additional duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or public relations or related field.
* 10+ years of post-qualification experience in a communications related field with extensive, high level writing responsibilities.
* Prior corporate experience with demonstrated customer service acumen and the ability to ensure a consistent brand and message across Company business sectors worldwide. Agency experience is a plus. Government experience is a plus.
Critical Competencies & Behaviors:
* Strong knowledge and understanding of the energy sector and its dynamics.
* Display creative, strategic and critical thinking skills, as well as excellent writing skills.
* Possess a solution-oriented approach to client service.
* Expert and efficient writing competencies across digital and print platforms.
* Strong ability to pitch and present complex financial concepts to management, with confidence to sell ideas effectively across all levels of the organization.
* Ability to take complex financial topics and produce clear, understandable written content for internal and external presentations and collateral.
* Strong competencies in execution and attention to detail.
* Ability to function semi-autonomously while being transparent and communicative with management regarding agreed upon strategic direction, work progress and any unusual situations.
* Skilled at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
* Ability to understand direction and work independently and efficiently under time pressures and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to work with cross-functional teams, with a strong emphasis on collaboration and understanding that teamwork produces better outcomes.
* Adaptable to changing environments.
* Exercise sound judgment and maintain necessary confidentiality in interactions with the CEO, CFO and other Leadership Team members.
* Strong interpersonal skills including ability to engender trust, respect and confidence.
* Excellent oral communication skills including the ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
* Exemplary personal and professional integrity and business ethics.
* Commitment to diversity and a respect for others.
* Fluent in English.
* Proficiency in French, Dutch, German or Spanish is desirable but not required. #LI-SV1
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston