LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
LyondellBasell is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies. The company manufactures products at 55 sites in 18 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels. More information about LyondellBasell can be found at www.lyondellbasell.com. All references to LyondellBasell refer to LyondellBasell and its subsidiaries, including Equistar Chemicals, LP, Lyondell Chemical Company or Houston Refining, LP.
This is an outstanding career opportunity for the experienced HR Manager who possesses a track record of success in management and leadership within the chemical, petrochemical or refining industry. The role combines a manufacturing HR management function with leading day-to-day client interaction for the key production areas of two manufacturing facilities located in Westlake Louisiana.
Roles & Responsibilities
Provide leadership in achieving the HR Goals and Objectives, including employee/labor relations for two manufacturing facilities, both in Westlake, Louisiana
* As part of the Site Leadership Team provides guidance and support for all HR activities
* Anticipates challenges and recommends innovative organizational solutions for complex problems
* Leads the talent management and succession planning process
* Delivers change management consultation with clients for various organizational design needs such as business growth goals, restructurings, etc.
* Drives and manages workforce planning and headcount management to align strategies with business priorities
* Provides consultation and training on engagement & retention of employees
* Drives and manages performance mgmt. processes; leading performance calibration annually, coaching leaders on tough conversations, co-creating performance improvement plans and development plans, and ensuring leaders are following through with the annual process. Assists leaders and teams with defining and developing engagement action planning.
Roles & Responsibilities (Continued)
* Consults with clients on internal movement decisions; transfers, promotions, job enhancements and ensures decisions are in line with talent and skill gaps, development plans and career pathing
* Partners with clients to effectively acquire all levels of talent and develops detailed onboarding plans for new leaders
* Conducts complex Employee Relations/Labor Relations investigations and consults with managers and ER counsel on outcomes and next steps
* Mentors, coaches, and leads site HR team comprised of HR Generalists and HRBP's
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Labor Relations, Business Administration or related field with 10 years of HR management/supervisory experience in the chemical, petrochemical or refining industry, including union and non-union sites. Master's degree preferred.
* Solid and demonstrated skills in: consulting, mediating, negotiating, coaching, business acumen, influencing, and project management
* Thorough and deep knowledge of the employee life cycle
* Experience leading or contributing to medium to large scale re-orgs, org alignment, workforce planning efforts
* Experience managing complex, cross-functional initiatives, processes, or projects
* Experienced with working, consulting, and influencing high level leadership and management
* Experience working across an industrial/manufacturing client base influencing across, upward and downward.
* Proven knowledge of employment and labor law
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Lake Charles