The primary purpose of this job is to provide leadership to the multifunctional development teams (Engineering, Quality, Production, and Materials) in order to launch new products and maintain customer specifications, ensure appropriate deadlines and target margins, and grow business.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Adheres to Integer's Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Supervises the execution of the team through process duct development stages (ES, IQ, TMV, OQ, PQ) and ensures successful production launches in terms of production and quality.
- Manages engineering resources in order to meet the expectations and objectives of internal and external customers.
- Coordinates the detailed project plans, schedules of execution, and cost estimates for major manufacturing transfer projects; performs periodic cost and productivity analysis.
- Maintains close relationships with internal and external customers, including account and technical sales managers, to ensure delivery time and capitalize on growth opportunities.
- Partners with the R & D organization seeking negotiating requirements, deadlines and resources. Continually works to improve business processes to increase efficiency.
- Provides support to sales, marketing, operations, equipment procurement and other departments to ensure that the financial objectives of the company are met.
- Communicates regularly with senior management on the status of the current project initiatives and to receive guidance and approval of senior management as needed.
- Interviews, hires and establishes training and development plans for direct reports.
- Provides leadership for the product launch group to achieve individual goals and encourage high levels of service and performance.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Master's Degree Preferred
- Minimum Experience: 7-10 years' relative experience in Engineering (Product Development and Manufacturing Groups). Medical devices experience preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Special Skills: Excellent project management skills. Ability to relate well with customers. Ability to effectively present information in front of large groups of people. Excellent skills in oral and written communication.
- Specialized Knowledge: Knowledge Management of new projects, practice, techniques and tools. Microsoft Office programs. Certification training Six Sigma Green Belt.