LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
This position provides process safety and risk management leadership to achieve global HSE performance goals and drive continuous improvement.Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead the process safety function for the Americas providing direction and supervision to corporate process safety managers
- Serve as the company's most knowledgeable process safety and risk management expert(s); engage manufacturing sites and capital project teams.
- Lead or actively participate in the Global Process Safety Network including TKM related work activities.
- Analyze company's process safety performance using lagging and leading indicators; develop and implement action plans and programs to drive performance.
- Assess and prioritize company- wide process safety risks; lead or actively support the process safety capital program including the LRP and capital approval processes.
- Lead or support process safety engineering activities including facility siting, safety instrumented systems, relief & flare studies, etc.
- Be fully knowledgeable in all applicable process safety laws, codes, laws, regulations, consensus standards, recommended practices, and guidelines.
- Develop and deliver process safety and risk management training programs.
- Participate in audits and incident investigations.
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 15 years' experience in process safety, process engineering or other technical role within manufacturing.
- Technically trained in an engineering discipline with a process engineering background
- Thorough knowledge of process safety methods and systems
- Good understanding of business objectives and the ability to prioritize initiatives and the application of resources
- Ability to drive multiple initiatives and programs
- Ability to lead through influence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Drive company values.
- Ability to handle diversity in the work place
- Ability to translate working knowledge of the business into clear and specific strategies
- Ability to utilize functional knowledge expertise to contribute to the success of the business
- Have courage to bring conflicts to the surface and resolve them effectively.
- Encourage creativity, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Have an excellent customer focus and deliver cost effective services
- Previous experience in a lead or supervisory role.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston