LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
Provide process safety and risk management leadership to achieve global HSE performance goals and drive continuous improvement.Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as the company's knowledgeable process safety and risk management expert(s); engage with manufacturing sites and capital project teams
- Actively drive process safety Learning from Experience and Technology and Knowledge Management
- Act as owner of Operational Excellence Process Safety Standards
- Validate risk assessments and drive consistency in evaluation of high hazard scenarios
- Analyze company's process safety performance using lagging and leading indicators; develop and implement action plans and programs to drive performance
- Assess and prioritize company- wide process safety risks; lead or support the development of action plans including the long range planning and capital approval processes
- Lead or support process safety engineering activities including facility siting, safety instrumented systems, relief & flare studies, etc. Be knowledgeable in all applicable process safety laws, codes, laws, regulations, consensus standards, recommended practices, and guidelines
- Develop and deliver process safety and risk management training programs
- Participate in or lead audits and incident investigations
- A minimum of 10 years' experience is required
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- A Professional Registration is a plus
- Technically trained in an engineering discipline with a process engineering background
- Thorough knowledge of process safety methods and systems
- Strong risk assessment background with experience facilitating semi-quantitative assessments such as Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Ability to lead through influence
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive multiple initiatives and programs
- Good understanding of business objectives and the ability to prioritize initiatives and the application of resources
- Drive company values
- Ability to handle diversity in the work place
- Ability to translate working knowledge of the business into clear and specific strategies
- Ability to utilize functional knowledge expertise to contribute to the success of the business.
- Have courage to bring conflicts to the surface and resolve them effectively
- Encourage creativity, innovation, and continuous improvement
- Excellent customer focus to ensure that services are delivered in a cost-effective way
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston