The primary purpose of this job is to plan and direct efforts of departmental personnel in accomplishing stated design and development objectives for new products and processes.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. Adheres to Integer Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
2. Initiates, directs and manages the design, development, and modification of products and processes from conception to implementation.
3. Provides project leadership for development project activity.
4. Reviews, initiates or approves product and process engineering drawings and layouts, engineering changes, and material and process specifications.
5. Develops capital expenditure and cost estimates for new products and processes.
6. Investigates the use of new or substitute parts, different materials, improved processes, or automations to enhance efficiency.
7. Evaluates test results and research projects and provides recommendations.
8. Provides appropriate training and development to team members to ensure adherence to safety, quality, and technical standards.
9. Supports manufacturing development engineering function as it relates to product development activities.
10. Participates in the management of a global customer base and is a primary technical interface with the customers.
11. Participates in the development and analysis of new business and market opportunities.
12. Performs other functions as required.
Bachelor's Degree. Master's Preferred.
8-10 years engineering experience with 5 years in a managerial capacity.
Knowledge of medical device development and validation preferred.