What if you were a part of a team that makes a difference in people's lives - everyday? Take your personal and professional fulfillment to the next level at Integer. Integer is comprised of Greatbatch Medical, Lake Region Medical, and Electrochem. We make the critical components that are used in life changing medical devices. We are looking for an experienced Production Manager to join our team.
The primary purpose of this job is to manage and coordinate a production operation with high volume and/or multiple production teams/product lines which may include single or multiple shifts to ensure that production requirements, performance goals, and improvement objectives are achieved. Manages dock to ship processes of assigned production segments to ensure critical safety, quality, and manufacturing targets are achieved. May also manage other Supervisors who manage these functions. Further responsible for the identification and elimination of non-value added cost from the production process.
Adheres to Integer's Values and all safety and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, Company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Aligns product(s), line(s) and shift(s) with master plant production schedule and material planning to meet production goals.
- Leads the site continuous improvement activities and deployment of the Integer Production System.
- Manages departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to the Site Leader.
- Leads Management meetings to evaluate performance results and coach team to ensure proper actions are taken to achieve targets.
- Ensures full utilization and accuracy of Oracle, Reliance and other data systems in the Production, Quality Systems and business analysis process.
- Accountable for identifying, initiating and potentially executing Lean initiatives, Quality initiatives, Kanbans, and inventory management/reduction initiatives on assigned line(s), product(s) and shift(s) through the application of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Ensures that Production Supervisors and Associates participate in continuous improvement efforts and are trained to comply with quality system requirements.
- Provides ongoing communications and support to Plant Management in the attainment of Plant objectives.
- Provides guidance, leadership and direction to Supervisors and production Associates in all areas including: hiring, performance management, coaching, and corrective actions.
- Builds a strong engaged team with a culture of Associate participation and problem solving.
- Provides direction in the resolution of technical and production-related problems to assure completion.
- Performs analysis of production and related processes and makes recommendations on improvements and organization of continuous improvement activities.
- Participates in the new product introduction process (PDP, NPI).
- May serve as signing member to the Material Review Board and ECOs.
- Ensures interdepartmental coordination and communication to meet customer requirements.
- Performs other functions as required.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in technical or related discipline. Master's degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: 5-8 years manufacturing experience in a Lean Manufacturing Environment preferred with progressive responsibilities and leadership experience.
Specialized Knowledge: Experience in management of production schedules, reading technical documents and blue prints preferred. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Quality Systems preferred.
Must have strong computer skills, especially Microsoft office.
Special Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maximize asset utilization. Outstanding organization and communication skills. Strong problem solving abilities.