- Job Summary
The primary purpose of this job is to assume responsibility for end-to-end management, development and execution of NPI/NPD projects with accountability for the success of the project including completing the project within budget and on time, meeting key performance objectives, managing issues to resolution, managing project and scope changes effectively, and ensuring that the work completed adheres to all company and department standards. Owns department processes required for successful project delivery and continuous project management methodology, demand management, resource planning, issues management, escalations, etc.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Adheres to Integer's Values and all safety and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, Company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Manages multiple New Product Development (NPD) or engineering technology projects, ensuring the teams follow the Company's Engineering development lifecycle process or Product Development Process (PDP).
- Manages cross-functional team activities on assigned projects to meet the established cost, schedule and technical performance expectations. Responsible for ensuring risk assessments are conducted with attendant actions taken to protect the project plan and ensure deliverables are met.
- Champions the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Ensures that detailed project plans, tactical execution schedules and cost estimates are developed and managed to completion for the NPD and engineering projects. Develops, facilitates approval of, and manages project budgets. May ensure that inputs to Oracle Projects and other Project Portfolio Management tools are maintained. Accountable for the completion of identified action items for the various project teams. Negotiates for additional funding, if required, due to project scope changes.
- Builds and sustains strong relationships with internal and external customers to ensure completion of project deliverables as committed. Initiates and maintains regular customer communications throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensures that all key stakeholders, including such groups as Sales, Operations, Quality, Finance and other departments within the Company, are engaged and kept informed of the status of each project's deliverables through to project completion.
- Schedules regular project reviews with upper management regarding the status of current projects, obtaining requisite upper management guidance and approval as required. Performs other job functions as required.
- Manages and oversees the daily activities of one or more staff member. Responsible for performance, development and training of direct report(s), as well as performing annual performance evaluations, bonus and merit planning.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other technical field related field. Master's in Engineering, Science or Business Administration preferred. Project/Program Management certification desired
- 5-8+ years of experience in managing multiple new product development or engineering project teams from concept through commercialization. Previous direct supervision experiences preferred. Previous experience managing projects for related or Medical Device and/or other highly regulated industries
- Demonstrated expertise with Project Management principles, practices, techniques and tools.
- Team development acumen with proficiencies in team building and influencing skills
- Coaching skills in the areas of critical thinking and problem solving, demonstrated through previous training and relevant previous experiences. Previous experiences leading teams in the development and detailed reviews of product specifications, risk analyses, and system test strategies. Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) required
- Proficient knowledge of PC software applications including Microsoft Office and MS Project. Lean Manufacturing System knowledge is expected. Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools is desired