From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As a Manager, Quality Engineer (QA/UAT) at Hilton, you will be responsible for assuring the quality of Hilton's mobile and/or team member platforms. You will be encouraged to be an authority with the latest and complex testing concepts and methodologies. You will be responsible for team execution of the end-to-end testing process. Hilton's digital platforms represent a significant portion of Hilton's success.
More specifically, you will:
- Mentor team members to author test plans/cases/scripts, to perform execution of the end-to-end testing process, to develop system and system integration test scenarios.
- Work closely with team members as needed to build and maintain test cases, scripts and log defects.
- Mentor team members to prepare test data or work with data analysts to define test data needs.
- Provide recommendations for deployment.
- Provide deep understanding of mobile platforms, domain testing SME (Platform or Product).
- Lead and/or balance resources, instill standard methodologies, provide mentorship, and direction for the team.
- Handle resources (allocation, monitoring, motivating, etc.)
- Identify and recognize testing gaps and process efficiencies.
- Formulate and implement strategic methods for app development testing in Agile methodology.
- Assist with product/process dashboards and metrics.
- Clear team problems, issues, and obstacles.
- Be the first line of escalation.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Social communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
- Dedicated, ambitious individual with good time management and attention to detail
- Must have strong system analysis skills and knowledge
- Must have teachable and learning spirit
- In-depth knowledge of QA/UAT philosophies, guiding principles and industry standard methodologies
- Must be able to quickly grasp the big picture for development and testing, and make effective design decisions regarding division of functionality amongst layers (e.g., tools, tests, etc.)
- Experience in functional, system, user acceptance testing, cross platform compatibility
- Mobile app and A11Y (Accessibility) testing experience
- Ability to learn new technologies and expand skills and instruct new skills
- API testing experience
- Working knowledge and understanding of Charles Proxy
- Skilled in automation tools such as Selenium or webdriver.io
- Preferably has gone through a large-scale transformation
- Preferred experience with Beta Testing
- Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, utilizing analytical skills, and possessing adaptability to change
- Works well under pressure
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of Technology or related experience
- Five (5) years of experience with automation testing
- Experience in Agile Methodologies
- Travel - 25%
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor's Degree OR Associate's Degree plus six (6) years of Technology experience OR High School Diploma/GED plus twelve (12) years of Technology related experience
- Nine (9) years of Technology experience
- Seven (7) years of experience with automation testing
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!