Hargray' s Mission – To Envision and deliver customer delight
Are you passionate about making a difference in people's lives? Do you enjoy a fast-paced work environment? Then you should join the Hargray Communications team as Service Assurance Manager.
General Description of Position:
The Manager, Service Assurance, will support Hargray's vision to protect and preserve service platforms and applications' integrity. This role is also responsible for providing best-in-class monitoring, triage, communicating, and coordinating to support all products and services for both internal and external customers. Service Assurance Manager responsibilities include establishing and implementing technical and operational performance standards as defined for Tier 2 &3 Service Assurance Access functions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise the Hargray Service Operations team's day-to-day activities responsible for all aspects of maintaining service operations functions for voice, data, and video platforms, including fault isolation, equipment installation, and project.
- Supervise performance and reliability by establishing and implementing technical and operational performance standards for voice, data, and voice delivery platforms.
- Utilizes operational reviews to communicate performance indicators with employees and peer groups to ensure consistent improvement in key indicators.
- Provide supervision for all voice, data, and video service platform connectivity traversing the Hargray network.
- Assigns work and tasking priorities as necessary to meet departmental KPIs (key performance indicators).
- Coordinates system maintenance and changes while minimizing customer impact and maximizing the productivity of company resources.
- Supervise day-to-day operational guidance and technical assistance to fix agent groups to ensure smooth operations of repair activity.
- Supervisor service level alarm conditions as well as escalation processes and procedures.
- Champion in defining the process of troubleshooting and participating in change management, root cause analysis communications.
- Supervise issues reported by customers, affiliates, or other sources to a resolution regarding Hargray products.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure the effective operation of the department.
- Produces post-incident reports and communications to review outage activity and drive new process/existing process enforcement to reduce reoccurring events.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers and quickly adapt to changes in process, requirements, goals, and organizational change.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent.
- 8+ years of Telecommunications or related industry experience
- Demonstrates ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Strong knowledge of cable and telephony operations.
- Intermediate knowledge of IP Multi-cast functions.
- Working knowledge of Switched Digital Video and Video on Demand functionality.
- Familiar with the procedures to perform System Sweeping, Alignment, Testing, Analysis, Troubleshooting, Ingress / Egress monitoring, Repair, and Certification, including RF two-way and leakage monitoring.
- Knowledge of DOCSIS 2.0/3.0/3.1 and Packet Cable standards.
- Knowledge of GPON FTTH standards.
- Experience in implementing and supporting voice/video in a mixed PBX/VoIP environment.
- Understanding and troubleshooting of IP transport, video transport, telephony switching across multiple hardware platforms and technologies and across IT platforms and services.
- Proficient in all MS Office programs, including Project and Visio.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects as well as lead small, directed projects.
- Strong understanding of SS7, ISUP, GR303, OC1, OC3, DS1, DS3 protocols, DHCP, and DNS management.
- Work closely with the Network Governance & Compliance Team (NG&C) and Network Assurance and Operations Team (NetOps) to ensure efforts are prioritized and standardized.
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- Working knowledge of SIP and RF video distribution architectures
- Strong knowledge of IP Telephony protocols (SIP, MGCP, Packet Cable, H.323, H.248, RTP/RTCP, IP Routing, Security, and QoS).
- A degree in Engineering or a similar field
- PMP certification
- Lean Six Sigma Experience
- Learn ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library).
- Experience with Service Assurance practices and tools.
- Self-Motivated and able to troubleshoot and solve problems independently as well as in a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- SCTE BCT, BCE certification or NCTI courses a plus
- Previous experience working with leading Softswitch and SBC providers: Cisco/Broadworks, Metaswitch, and Ribbon