Team Managers are vital roles in the PCI organization. The Team Manager are responsible for delivering excellent services to PCI clients; managing, developing, and mentoring associates; simultaneously maintaining the profitability of the business unit. Highly functional teams are at the center of PCI’s success strategy and the Team Manager are keys to the success of their team.
The Team Manager reports directly to a Director or Vice President, depending upon the organizational structure for a specific division. This position is an exempt position. Twenty-five to fifty percent travel may be required based on project and client needs.
The expectations of a Team Manager falls under three main categories. These categories are intended to also represent time management priorities as listed below:
1. Communication and Engagement with Customers
Team Managers interface with customers on many different levels. On assigned projects, Team Managers are responsible for all communication, status reporting and interfacing with our customers. Team Managers are expected to genuinely engage with our customers representing PCI culture and carrying out the PCI mission statement.
Each Team Manager will be designated the “Account Manager” for specific customers. Account Managers are expected to be the prime contact for that customer and to build relationships with key customer personnel. Account Managers are also responsible for communicating to PCI management all relevant opportunities, organizational changes, risks, and trends related to their accounts.
Team Managers are also expected to identify and pursue new opportunities for business at existing and potential new customers. The Team Manager is responsible for meeting with customer contacts on a routine basis to deliver maximum support, solicit feedback, deliver proposals, renew POs and keep customers informed of all PCI’s service offerings.
The Team Manager is expected to participate in at least one professional organization i.e. ISPE, PDA, NCSL, or ASQ. This allows PCI to carry out our mission of being recognized as an industry leader.
2. Manage and Lead our Associates
Team Managers are responsible for communicating with and managing associates, providing feedback, conducting timely performance reviews, preparing development plans, approving PTO, approving expense reports, attending to occasional disciplinary matters, and all other functions associated with managing and leading associates. In addition, the Team Manager is expected to organize and facilitate the mentoring process for new hires.
As a representative of PCI management, Team Managers must conduct themselves at all times in accordance with the PCI values.
3. Manage Risk and Profitability
Team Managers are responsible for managing the risk and profitability of their teams and projects. Team Managers must manage resources, schedules, and associate assignments to maximize labor utilization.
Team Managers are responsible for ensuring that all projects are being properly managed by providing the customer and PCI management with timely status reports and updates. All project risks, issues, delays, scope changes, overruns, and all other pertinent information must be clearly and promptly communicated to PCI management.
• Monitor and update all resource scheduling to ensure labor utilization is maximized and forecasts are maintained at least three weeks in advance. Re-align frequently through exceptional communication with clients, Associates, PCI management and all project stakeholders. Notify all resources and management in a timely manner of any schedule rescheduling or breaks. Review schedule weekly and plan accordingly.
• Proactively assess project safety concerns and ensure PCI Team members are in compliance with any and all client and/or PCI site safety requirements.
• Participate and host internal and client-specific leadership meetings, providing information such as potential new services, client expansions, resources and scheduling issues, etc. (monthly).
• Provide proposal writing for existing and potential new clients and submit for PCI management approval. This includes effectively proposing resource levels, resource planning, and number of resources needed for the associated scope of work.
• Regularly discuss with clients all of PCI’s service offerings and explore possibilities for expanding the value we provide.
• Engage Associates in discussions about their long-term goals and aspirations. Perform meaningful, forthright and timely associate PRP reviews.
• Manage projects to minimize risk and optimize labor utilization.
• Ensure all timesheets are logged in accordance to the current project accounting setup for resources to the associated project work. Verify proper project codes are used, proper expenses applied, and mileage.
• Review vacation requests from technicians or lead technicians and ensure resource scheduling is adequate for the associated period prior to management review and approvals.
• Maintain / update MAS 500 project accounting to reflect accurate information/ changes such as: Billing, Contact, Calibration, Task and Rate Codes. (Weekly by Friday)
• Up to 50% of work time may be client billable activities based on business need and team structure.
Strong demonstrated successful leadership skills with client projects and team development.
Proven ability to provide support with various applications of instrument, equipment, and loop calibrations of various parameters in manufacturing, utilities, and laboratory environments.
Exceptional Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) skills; Demonstrated ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite. Navigates and utilizes MAS500 Pivot Table and project KPI module to effectively manage LUR & project expenses.
Develops and updates PCI policies and procedures, understands and interprets Government Regulations and instrumentation/calibration principles and provides training and guidance to technician resources. Ability to assist clients with development and revision of policies and procedures as necessary.
Exceptional communication and problem solving skills with clients and coworkers. Ability to interpret, follow up, and resolve client request or leads. Ability to develop effective and accurate proposals and quotes.
Excellent negotiation skills with direct identification, development, and implementation of negotiation policies and processes in accordance with PCI objectives. Develops negotiation strategy on complex issues. Significant ability to effectively influence, develop, and guide others.
Furthers the business case and controls financial issues and profit and loss implications.
Respected and active member of an external professional organization (ISPE, ASQ, PDA, etc.). May speak at engagements. External certification preferred [ISA, ASQ, etc.].
Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Experience & Education Required:
A four-year degree in Engineering, Life Sciences, or other related technical field (or equivalent military training) and six years of instrumentation experience in the pharmaceutical industry or the equivalent combination of the two. Leadership experience in client relations is required.
PCI is proud to serve pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and clinical research industries nationwide by providing calibration, commissioning and consulting solutions. At PCI, calibrations are performed by highly technical, cGMP/GLP-trained personnel who are knowledgeable in quality guidelines enforced by the FDA, EPA and ISO/IEC 17025:2005. PCI is an FCX Performance Company and a Subsidiary of Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT); a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry.
Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.