LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
This leadership position leads the asset maintenance organization for a 268 kBPD refinery located in Houston, Texas. The position will coordinate daily activities for mechanical reliability functions associated with site performance and long term improvements. In addition, the role will influence and help develop long range plans for the site Reliability department. The role combines a manufacturing management function with forward looking objectives to improve overall site reliability performance. These responsibilities include being a site champion of the reliability strategy, and playing a key role in the development & implementation of site wide reliability processes to improve value and performance. The incumbent provides leadership for the mechanical reliability functions for the site. This position manages direct reports with a responsibility for LyondellBasell employees.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Sets the direction of the mechanical reliability organization which includes machinery, fixed, inspection, corrosion, and reliability tools functions.
- Develops and manages the site reliability strategy document to reach targets in efficiency, equipment reliability, value, and cost.
- Establishes and communicates clear organizational goals with customer input that are in line with site and company goals.
- Works to further the department culture that is centered around the five tenets of a High Reliability Organization (HRO).
- Produces and implements updates to the site long range plans (LRP) in full support of site and corporate objectives.
- Identifies and develops talent to further improve the reliability efforts, to support corporate initiatives and to sustain long range plans.
- Works collaboratively with all members of the site leadership team to set challenging but achievable technical goals.
- Supports the department to be the voice of the equipment.
- Identifies, develops and supports reliability data collection and analysis systems to provide useful information in support of site and corporate objectives.
- Understands and utilizes targeted leading and lagging metrics.
- Supports and advances the use of the boardwalk process to promote accountability and sustain department objectives.
- Establishes appropriate and adequate budget and manages the department to meet that budget along with other goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with other Reliability Managers across the company to share and gain knowledge of personnel, technology and best practice improvements.
- At least 15 years of manufacturing experience including at least 5 years in a management role (preferably in Reliability) with an Engineering degree (preferably Mechanical Engineering).
- Demonstrated leadership in safety with a proven history of safe work execution.
- Past experience in a reliability position is required.
- Broad knowledge and experience involving a wide variety of process equipment, hardware, and plant operations.
- Sound working knowledge of company policies, engineering standards, reliability tools and mechanical integrity procedures and practices.
- Strong leadership skills are required for the direction of professional technical personnel and the coordination of outside services.
- Leadership and management skills to effectively manage budgets, coordinate site wide priorities, and drive improvements.
- Ability to evaluate conflicting information and arrive at a balanced judgment is essential.
- Ability to develop a strategy and collaborate with the other Managers of the site to generate improvements.
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston