Job Title: Manager/Sr. Manager, US Sales Operations
Location: Berkeley, CA
Position Type: Permanent Position
The Manager/Sr. Manager, US Sales Operations will lead the sales operations function within the US. Reporting to the Director, Commercial Analytics and Sales Operations.
- Apply formal, best practice methodologies to develop and implement strategies to support the sales process.
- Plan and manage all Field Sales Meetings (National, POA, Regional and Leadership).
- Maintain field calendar of communications, meetings, and conventions
- Lead Fleet Management by developing, monitoring and refining all fleet operations
- Manages the sales awards program, policy and procedure.
- Support the Senior Director, US Sales in preparation/review of metrics, territory/regional business plans, customer presentations, updates to the executive team, etc.
- Work closely with Sales Training on the development and roll-out of educational materials, sales reports and new systems.
- Ensure adherence to equipment, travel & expense policies and compliance with Sunshine Act Reporting
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales organization effectiveness
- Maintain commercial field communication portal (extranet) and 'Sales Ops” mailbox
- Updated and maintain field operations policies and procedures as needed
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Lead special sales related projects as necessary.
- Support Sales Management and Stakeholders. Prioritize and responds to a variety of requests in daily basis.
- A minimum of 5+ years of pharmaceutical industry sales operations or related experience.
- Biotech or pharmaceutical US marketplace launch experience required.
- Experience establishing and building out a Sales Operations function preferred.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills and presentation and project management skills.
- Ability to coordinate needs assessments across the commercial organization, and an ability to deliver a comprehensive solution to those needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a matrixed environment, and an ability to build solid relationships / make connections across the organization.
- Strong project management skills that enable ability to execute many projects with tight deadlines: strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Excellent communications skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both verbally and in writing are required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage vendors and service levels.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities;
Sr. Sourcing Specialist
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
Ascent is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for Ascent, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of Ascent’s candidates and experience the difference!