Analysts is seeking strong candidates for a DIRECT HIRE - Manager of Data Engineering. 100% remote - with a great healthcare client of ours. GC/USC only - must be able to work W2 for the client as this is DIRECT HIRE.
The Manager of Data Engineering is responsible specifically for the data warehouse design and architecture within client's technology suite, as well as people management of Engineering team members. The Manager of Data Engineering works with other Product Engineering leaders to ensure the success of key projects and products in production and serves as a technical liaison to other technical teams across the organization.
Primary Job Duties:
- Oversight, mentorship, and management of members of the Data Engineering team, including on-boarding, performance management, KOs, reviews and people management functions (current team size is 5 direct reports).
- Analyze bugs and iterate on process when necessary to fix and prevent occurrences in the future.
- Provide hands on guidance and subject matter expertise to members of the team including data modeling, data mining, database design.
- Participate in discussions as a member of the leadership team around product direction, team process, and strategy.
- Oversee and contribute to full the Software Development Life Cycle for multiple initiatives and projects at a time.
- Developing and enhancing multiple ETL pipelines, keeping long-term impacts in mind.
- Deliver timely, well written, well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical capacity within the healthcare space.
- 1+ years' experience working in Python.
- 1+ year of experience managing Engineers or technical staff.
- Understanding of test-driven development and agile methodologies (Pytest).
- Experience working with APIs.
- Experience in a cloud (GCP) based technology - (preferred).
- Hands-on proficiency with SQL, SSIS, and ETL jobs, including stored procedures.
- A track record of shipping quality software.
- Must comply with HIPAA rules and regulations.
Interpersonal Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to work collaboratively on a multi-location, cross-functional team with a wide range of experience levels.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate information clearly and effectively.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- A strong desire to learn new technologies.
- Ability to work and thrive in a collaborative team environment, comfortable receiving feedback from any partner on the team.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to sit or stand at a computer workstation for long periods of time, perform computer tasks including keyboarding, possess near visual acuity for operating a computer, and communicate verbally with others in person, via videoconference, and via phone.
- The employee must be able to understand and follow detailed instructions, perform complex or varied tasks, make decisions, maintain a fast pace of work, and work under pressure.