Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
The Manager of IT Merchandising is a growth-oriented role responsible for the business engagement and delivery of Discount Tire's merchandising and master data portfolio. (S)He will be a key member of the IT Product segment that includes merchandising and supply chain and will play a critical role in the growth and transformation of Discount Tire.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead the full portfolio of IT merchandising and master data functions.
- Engage closely with the business partners to build a strong relationship, win their trust and manage the portfolio of projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide leadership in evaluating new business needs, creating business cases, budgets and resource plans.
- Manage multiple projects and initiatives, engage with the business stakeholders on a regular basis and manage the book of business.
- Monitor department projects to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to agreed quality level. Monitors and adjusts employee workloads.
- Collaborate closely with other IT teams including enterprise architecture, infrastructure, PMO and other areas.
- Analyze current IT and business needs, anticipate future needs and provide strategic direction to meet the demands of our business.
- Serve as an escalation point for interpersonal and operational employee challenges.
- Work collaboratively across departments to identify and resolve risks, conflicts and challenges, recommends resolution and implementing process improvements
- Demonstrate ability to determine what's 'needed' and not necessarily what's 'asked'.
- Engage with senior leadership to provide steering committee updates on projects and initiatives.
- Stay current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies.
- Provide a can-do attitude with a pragmatic balance of speed, quality, best practices and prioritization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of 10 years of IT management, supervisory, or team leadership capacity.
- Experience in SAP merchandising functions and master data is required.
- Experience in master data management applications such as Informatica and knowledge of the key concepts of master data management is required.
- Proven history of increasing responsibility and upward mobility in previous technical and functional roles
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAP integration points for transactional and master data
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with business stakeholders and other IT areas
- Understand project plans, work within established priorities, adhere to project and task assignments to support project goals and timelines
- Leadership experience to manage projects of medium complexity that involve interfaces and integrations between SAP and other third-party solutions is preferred
- Stays current with IT industry trends and emerging technologies, suggests and leads application of new technologies
- Proven ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential. Proven ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is necessary
- In addition, organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential
This position requires a bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a related field or equivalent work experience.
Normal workdays are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m (Arizona time). Additional hours may be necessary.