Job Title: Manager of IT Systems Automation
Location: Edison, NJ
Job Type: Direct Placement (Full Time Employee)
Contact Info: Stuart Schwartz - firstname.lastname@example.org - 201-786-2425
- The Manager of IT Systems Automation will build and lead a team responsible for capturing automation requirements from stakeholders, designing solutions and mashups, facilitating communication between functional teams, and driving development and implementation best practices across Network.
- Will direct engineers and technicians in the design and development of automation tooling solutions activities that automate daily, weekly, monthly mundane tasks that allow Information Technology (IT) to focus on more business aligned activities.
- Lead resources to stand up effective monitoring and automation.
- Platform they use today is SolarWinds.
- Multitude of monitoring tools feeding into one “mom” which is SolarWinds
- All alerts are captured in one central location and alerts need to be sent out
- Employ a group of resources and find the right mgmt. to setup the right structure
- Work with a team to identify the right thresholding, handling tickets, automation of efforts to ensure you’re establishing a proactive environment
- Identifying potential issues that generally result in tickets and automate them to avoid future problems
- Thresholding reaching capacity: not effecting the end user but needs to be addressed before that happens
- Set up structure, define framework, manage all of these alerting initiatives
- General automation efforts: manual efforts that could be automated and not need as many resources
- For example – they would love to automate the following : Provisioning requests for access control – would be great to have it successfully complete the task itself eventually
- Person coming in would probably inherit a contractor or two/will hire as needed
- Leads all aspects of software development and configuration on Automation products.
- New product development, technology development, sustaining engineering, software testing and organizational development.
- Leads the team in translating customer and marketing input into specifications for new software product development projects.
- Develops and executes to the specifications and the project plan.
- Works closely with the Server Hardware Team to ensure software and hardware work in conjunction to meet the task goals.
- Provides leadership for the team of automation engineers, technicians and testers, including associate selection, training, coaching, development, planning, performance management, conflict management, and recognition.
- Develops and supports a detailed design for server and application monitoring based on the monitoring architecture; as well as for network monitoring based on the monitoring architecture.
- Designs and supports detailed solutions based on a monitoring architecture:
- To detect and isolate transaction response and availability issues.
- That provide a central point of real-time service management for business applications, network devices, Internet protocols and security devices.
- That provide advanced service and process visibility in targeted, real-time dashboards.
- Designs and supports detailed solutions for automating IT provisioning activities.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards.
- Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Builds positive relationships with managers and staff in all areas.
- Prioritizes and responds promptly to needs of the customer.
- Recognizes opportunities for service recovery and acts to resolve issues.
- Other duties and projects as assigned and in a timely fashion.
- Adheres to the Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.