Responsible for setting the strategic direction, establishing the operating model and all the fundamental mechanisms involved in establishing the team, individual objectives and managing the overall team(s) performance with a business objective of driving improved service level agreement (SLA) performance impacting the overall customer experience. Responsible for minimizing the number of adverse incidents and or problems experienced on the business caused by lapses in process adherence, technical malfunction and/or product defect and initiate actions to prevent recurrence of incidents related to those errors.
- Deliver operational analytics that focus on business process improvements.
- Develops and implements long-range performance plans for assigned staff.
- Develops plans, procedures, and activities to support business recovery when problems occur including but not limited to, backup and restoration procedures, and customer communication.
- Develops procedures to measure the capability and capacity of staff to assess current and future activities. Based on these measures, coordinates the acquisition of additional resources.
- Execute on daily, weekly and monthly Perform Management utilizing defined reporting tools, scorecards and leadership techniques to ensure acceptable levels of performance by staff.
- Identify training opportunities, and improvements for Supervisors and Technical staff in all areas of discipline, including, but not limited to, their communication with customers, written and/or verbal, inter-departmental relationship building, and/or technical abilities.
- Proactive Technical Support by utilizing Monitoring systems to detect issues prior to customer impact accelerating resolution time.
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly status reporting on individual and departmental performance.
- Responsible for maintaining acceptable staffing levels by the selection, hiring, evaluating and leading Supervisors and team members performing duties in the technology sector.
- Responsible for the coordination and leadership of multi-tiered Technical Support Teams on work assignments, as well as, the resolution of critical technical and procedural problems.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of team goals and objectives and implementing team standards of operation.
- Stays current with technological developments related to computer hardware, software, and networks, as well as management practices which involves reading publications, subscribing to Internet lists, attending conferences and workshops, and meeting with colleagues.
- Works cooperatively with Information Technology Services (ITS) management and others to develop strategic and tactical plans to facilitate and coordinate the delivery of technical services.
- Performs other related duties and additional Tier Level customer support as assigned by management
- Interfaces with internal and external operations teams as needed to solve client issues/escalations and maintain satisfaction ratings.
- Ability to coordinate multiple priorities using a dynamic work force and resource pool
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to develop ongoing rapport with clients and consumers and obtain relevant information
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
- Ability to get results through a matrix support structure
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to work independently.
- Ability to identify, prioritize and respond to multiple and conflicting tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure, to meet deadlines, to deal positively with rejection and conflicts.
- Excellent communication skills – Written, Verbal, and Presentation / Facilitation
- High degree of problem solving, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills.
- Highly proficient in the use of business office tools and electronic communication methodologies
- Maintains quality relationships with all Securus departments in order to work efficiently and effectively to retain customers business
- Proven ability to successfully draft and execute strategic issue resolution plans.
- Strong data/information analysis and integration skills.
- Time management and information organization skills.
- Understanding of workflow processes and Securus products and services.
- Ability to quickly adapt personally, as well as lead a workforce to adapt to constantly changing environments and priorities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Must be customer service oriented and believe in teamwork, collaboration, adaptability and initiative.
- Polished cross-functional collaborative skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and capable of learning new technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Technology or Telecommunications Management or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in a leadership / management role in a Technical Support environment.
- 8+ years’ experience in Telecommunications Support
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science or Electronical Engineering
- Relevant work experience in a telecommunication / correctional service provider industry (preferred)
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds. It is the Company’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. Securus will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.