Interactive Business Systems is teaming up with a Madison, WI client to locate and bring on a Manual QA Tester for a long term contract opportunity!
- Perform manual testing, which may include exploratory, system, regression, compatibility, or integration testing for client facing products or back-end systems.
- Work on small projects or individual tasks with guidance from more senior Software Testers.
- Write, execute, and maintain test cases.
- Document and evaluate test results and defects, track and manage defects and work with the Development team and business to troubleshoot issues and evaluate fixes.
- Work closely with developers and product owners to understand the systems being tested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ of related experience in a technical environment.
- Able to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate across teams.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to learn and apply new technologies.
- Understand the basic concept and workflow of software development and quality assurance.
- Enthusiasm to dig into technical systems and to troubleshoot issues.
- Show creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with agile project management and bug tracking tools
- Familiarity with software code management tools
- Experience with Test Case Management tools
IBS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to all employees. Referral and sign-on bonuses may also be available.
Interested candidates should send a resume and brief cover note to the attention of Chris Douglas at Interactive Business Systems (firstname.lastname@example.org)
About IBS: IBS, Interactive Business Systems, Inc., is an IT solutions and staffing company known for achieving business objectives and bottom-line results through the smart architecting, implementation and management of technology. In three decades of developing the technology applications, tools, environments and teams that foster top business performance, we have become an industry-leading IT services provider.
IT & Technical